Does PF Forum Work with Tapatalk? Answers Here

• Thread starter p1l0t
  • Start date
In summary: Is there a way to include the breadcrumbs in the mobile version? If I reply to a thread, there's no easy way to go back to the forum I was just viewing. My choices are to hit the "back" button repeatedly ( the back button in the mobile skin is redundant with the back button on the browser) or to go all the way to the main menu and scroll back down to the forum. That main menu is terrible...it is transparent over the forum page I'm already viewing...white text over black text. I can barely read it. It would also be nice to have an idea when the last post in a thread was. I think in general
p1l0t
Does this forum work with tapatalk?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Tapatalk support would be epic :D It is a wonderful app.

p1l0t said:
Tapatalk support would be epic :D It is a wonderful app.
Totally.

I could actually participate if it did. (I am rarely ever home but sometimes while I am waiting somewhere like an airport I go on other forums with my phone). Through the phone browser is just clumsy..

Can I switch to desktop mode on my mobile? I can't find the option and the PF mobile skin is terrible!

Kozy said:
Can I switch to desktop mode on my mobile? I can't find the option and the PF mobile skin is terrible!

I'm sorry no, what is wrong with it?

Kozy said:

Just set your phone's browser settings to not show mobile sites.

Greg Bernhardt said:

Having gone back to look at it, it's not that bad, but it just seems a bit messy. I have no requirement to view a mobile version so an option to view the desktop version would be nice.

cristo said:
Just set your phone's browser settings to not show mobile sites.

I can't find that option in the sttings on my iphone.

I haven't tried tapatalk, but I personally like the mobile browser. I have a fairly large Android screen so that might make a difference, but I think the mobile browser is easy to use.

I can also see Latex in the mobile version. Can tapatalk show Latex?

Greg Bernhardt said:

It's really difficult to navigate. Is there a way to include the breadcrumbs in the mobile version? If I reply to a thread, there's no easy way to go back to the forum I was just viewing. My choices are to hit the "back" button repeatedly ( the back button in the mobile skin is redundant with the back button on the browser) or to go all the way to the main menu and scroll back down to the forum. That main menu is terrible...it is transparent over the forum page I'm already viewing...white text over black text. I can barely read it. It would also be nice to have an idea when the last post in a thread was.

I think in general, the mobile skin is outdated. I read another forum that doesn't have a mobile skin, and have no problem navigating it as is. With the ability to zoom in and out and easily scroll side to side, I don't need a special skin. It was useful on my ancient Blackberry, but more hindrance than help on the new iPhone. I'd prefer to opt out too, if I knew how.

1. What is PF Forum?

PF Forum is an online platform where users can engage in discussions and share information on various topics.

2. What is Tapatalk?

Tapatalk is a mobile app that allows users to access and participate in forums on their smartphones.

3. Does PF Forum work with Tapatalk?

Yes, PF Forum is compatible with Tapatalk. This means that users can access the forum through the Tapatalk app and participate in discussions.

4. How do I use Tapatalk with PF Forum?

To use Tapatalk with PF Forum, simply download the Tapatalk app on your smartphone and search for PF Forum. Once you find the forum, you can log in and start participating in discussions.

5. Are all features of PF Forum available on Tapatalk?

No, not all features of PF Forum may be available on Tapatalk. Some features may be limited or not accessible through the app. It is recommended to use the PF Forum website for the full range of features.