Your Personal Project? Fun Ideas & Inspiration

• Thread starter Mattara
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Project
In summary, the conversation discusses the two participants' current projects. One person is working on a new science education resource center, and the other is working on an upgrade to their bass cabinet.
Mattara
So does any of you have any fun/interesting project going on?

Physics news on Phys.org
i have two at the moment
to design a sdlx processor and to do simulation of FIB systems using EGUN..

What about you?

Reading about General Topology if that counts?

I guess I have a personal project/goal to start reading Algebraic Topology sometime this year.

Ohhh my God all these topologies,group theory kind of things drive me mad..I am taking a course on group theory and the professor is bowling bouncers straight over my head,,i don't know how to escape this course.!

heman said:
Ohhh my God all these topologies,group theory kind of things drive me mad..I am taking a course on group theory and the professor is bowling bouncers straight over my head,,i don't know how to escape this course.!

I really liked the very little of group theory I learned.

The class would have been more fun if the students weren't so slow.

heman said:
i have two at the moment
to design a sdlx processor and to do simulation of FIB systems using EGUN..

What about you?

Well, I'm currently managing/working on an science education/resource center online. It is newly started and I'm looking for people. [not advertising]

On a totally differeny thing; I just learned that you can post your website in your user profile...there is so many fields you can fill in your user profile. Wonder if I should get all of the instant messengers?

well since i have so much time now, I am designing a multi frequency side scan imaging sonar. got to run down to radioshack and grab a few max232a ic's for my 8051 microcontrollers.. id also like to use sx from parallax instead, but for something more advanced perhaps. maybe if i throw in a magnetometer in that side scan sonar and make it into an RF-controlled ROV.. but that's going to eat a lot of batteries, we'll see.

The only ones I have are home-type things...redoing every room in the house, etc...Winter time means no garden work. The only other thing is trying to expand my small slide rule collection.

I wish I could post the really fun stuff I do at work.

Right now I'm programming a classroom organizer for my French teacher. Aside from that, lots of small or long-term things.

Restoring a kit car, learning first aid, and helping a school out build an electric racing car. That's about it at the moment.

upgrading my bass cabinet to operate on 600 watts at 4 ohms, since I blew its 8 ohm 75 watt speaker, so I got to build a new crossover.

Well right now I'm working on converting the other half of my garage into a hobby room so I can have a place to have a hobby. After that I think I'm going to try and work on an making an R/C Zeppelin.

modelling the brain

I'm working on getting a life.

Evo said:
I'm working on getting a life.

are you on hiatus? :biggrin:

Im trying to change the way my teacher teaches, his physics course in my high school
The principles are so outdated, i mean it's good for an overall perespective, and understanding of physics. But there are so many new ideas and stuff, i think it just needs to be refreshed..

FredGarvin said:
The only ones I have are home-type things...redoing every room in the house, etc...Winter time means no garden work. The only other thing is trying to expand my small slide rule collection.

I wish I could post the really fun stuff I do at work.
Ditto, more or less. We just put two new doors on the house. I am re-doing a room above the garage, and we will start planning for an upgrade on the stairway in the house.

Gardening is more or less suspended until May, although we may start some seeds soon.

And like Fred, I wish I could post the really fun and cool stuff we do at work, but its all proprietary and confidential.

I did spend yesterday in LA talking with a big firm about a strategic alliance that will help us grow our company. Looks like I'm on the management track in my company. :eek: :uhh:

I finally got my project up and running. It can be found http://worldscience.2.forumer.com.

Astronuc said:
I did spend yesterday in LA talking with a big firm about a strategic alliance that will help us grow our company. Looks like I'm on the management track in my company. :eek: :uhh:

How interesting! What is it that your company does?

Analytical research, constitutive model development, and predictive analysis.

1. What is a personal project?

A personal project is a self-directed, independent undertaking that allows you to explore a topic or idea that interests you. It is a chance to pursue your passions and learn new skills while working on something that is meaningful to you.

2. How do I come up with ideas for my personal project?

The best way to come up with ideas for your personal project is to think about your interests and passions. Consider topics that you are curious about and would enjoy learning more about. You can also look for inspiration from your daily life, hobbies, or current events.

3. What are some examples of personal project ideas?

Personal projects can vary greatly, but some common examples include creating a piece of art or music, writing a book or blog, learning a new language or skill, or starting a community service project. The possibilities are endless and can be tailored to your specific interests and goals.

4. How do I get started on my personal project?

The first step in starting your personal project is to define your goal or objective. Then, create a plan with specific steps and a timeline for completing your project. It can also be helpful to gather any necessary materials or resources and seek guidance from a mentor or expert in your chosen topic.

5. What are the benefits of completing a personal project?

Completing a personal project can have many benefits, including personal growth, new skills and knowledge, a sense of accomplishment, and improved confidence and self-esteem. It can also be a valuable addition to your resume or portfolio and may even lead to new opportunities or connections in your field of interest.