Unexplained Experiments for new physics

In summary, internal conflicts in theoretical explanation are not good enough to change the present state of physics. Even though we have chargeless, spinless, massless photons, or colored quarks, or dark matter and energy, entities of which we know very little more than the fact that they are described by the solution of some equation (and that seem to fit with the experiments), we cannot abandon our present theory until we find a new, more general, one. It is my belief that Nature must lead the way in this endeavor, and that means an "experiment" that cannot be understood by our present frame of work. However, there are many "open" theoretical problems but few experiments without satisfactory explanation. So I am opening this
mandril
It seem that internal conflicts in theoretical explanation are not good enougth to change the present state of phisics. That is, even dought we have chargeless, spinless, massless photons, or colored quarks, or dark matter an energy, entities of which we know very little more than the fact that they are discribed by the solution of some equation (and that seem to fit with the experiments), we cannot abandon our present theory until we find a new, more general, one. It is my believe that, in order to do that it is Nature the one that has to lead the way, and in modern sicense, that means an "experiment" that can't be understood by our present frame of work. But now that I think about it, I know of a lot of "open" theoretical problems, but very few experiments without satisfactory explanation. So I open this thread to see if we can make a collection of this sort of "experimental open problems"

Physics news on Phys.org
mandril said:
It seem that internal conflicts in theoretical explanation are not good enougth to change the present state of phisics. That is, even dought we have chargeless, spinless, massless photons, or colored quarks, or dark matter an energy, entities of which we know very little more than the fact that they are discribed by the solution of some equation (and that seem to fit with the experiments), we cannot abandon our present theory until we find a new, more general, one. It is my believe that, in order to do that it is Nature the one that has to lead the way, and in modern sicense, that means an "experiment" that can't be understood by our present frame of work. But now that I think about it, I know of a lot of "open" theoretical problems, but very few experiments without satisfactory explanation. So I open this thread to see if we can make a collection of this sort of "experimental open problems"

But the "observation" of dark matter and dark energy (of their effects) *ARE* open experiemental problems! Those are effects that were observed first and are still in need of a theoretical explanation!

Ok then, we have dark matter, and dark energy. Althoug am working in dark matter issues, It would be better if someone else explaind the actuall problem, so I keep the my own bias out of the description.

Maybe nrqed could help. Are you interested in a very short description in this topic?

1. What are unexplained experiments for new physics?

Unexplained experiments for new physics refer to scientific experiments that do not have a clear explanation based on current scientific theories and laws. These experiments often challenge our current understanding of the physical world and may require the development of new theories or models to explain them.

2. How are these experiments conducted?

Unexplained experiments for new physics are typically conducted in a controlled laboratory setting using specialized equipment and techniques. They may also involve collaborating with other scientists and utilizing advanced technology, such as particle accelerators, to observe and measure phenomena.

3. What are some examples of unexplained experiments for new physics?

Some examples of unexplained experiments for new physics include the double-slit experiment, which demonstrates the wave-particle duality of light, and the Michelson-Morley experiment, which led to the development of Einstein's theory of relativity. Other examples include experiments on dark matter and dark energy, the behavior of subatomic particles, and quantum entanglement.

4. Why are unexplained experiments for new physics important?

Unexplained experiments for new physics are important because they push the boundaries of our current understanding and drive scientific progress. They can lead to the discovery of new phenomena, development of new technologies, and advancements in our understanding of the universe.

5. What are the potential implications of these experiments?

The potential implications of unexplained experiments for new physics are vast and varied. They could lead to the development of new technologies, such as quantum computing, or revolutionize our understanding of the universe, potentially leading to new laws and principles. They also have the potential to challenge our current beliefs and theories, leading to the development of new and more accurate models of the physical world.