Water Waves Reflection/Refraction Help

In summary, two sources emitting waves with frequencies of 25 Hz and 75 Hz in the same elastic medium are discussed. The waves from the first source have a wavelength of 6.9 m and reflect off a barrier with an angle of reflection of 25 degrees. The waves from the second source refract into a different medium with an angle of incidence of 35 degrees and a speed of 96 m/s. The speed of the waves from the second source in the original medium is unknown. The speed of the reflected waves from the first source in the original medium is also unknown. The angle of refraction of the waves from the second source as they enter the different medium will be greater than, less than, or equal to
grade11
two vibrating sources emit waves in the same elastic medium. the first source has a frequency of 25 hz, while the frequency of the second source is 75hz. waves from the first source have a wavelength of 6.9 m. they reflect from a barrier back into the original medium, with an angle of relfection of 25 degrees. waves from the second source refreact into a different medium with an angle of incidence of 35 degrees. the speed of the refracted waves is observed to be 96 m/s.

wat is the speed of the waves from the second source in the original medium?

wat is the is trhe speed of the reflected waves from the first source in the orignal medium?

Will the angle of the refraction of the waves from the second source be greater than, less than, or equal to 35 degree as they enter the different medium?

wat is the wavelength of the waves from the second source in the orignal medium?

wat is the wavelength of the waves from the second source in the different medium?

ALSO i want to know wat the constant k's units are and wat does this constant tell me?

Physics news on Phys.org
Please don't double post. You've already started a thread on this problem.

yes but my title was retraction/refraction so i don't think ppl knew wat it was so they left...so i had to restate a proper title soryy thoo ur right

1. What is the difference between reflection and refraction of water waves?

Reflection is when water waves bounce off of a barrier or surface, while refraction is when the direction of the waves changes as they pass through different mediums with varying densities. In reflection, the energy and speed of the wave remains the same, whereas in refraction, the energy and speed can change.

2. How do water waves reflect and refract?

Water waves reflect when they encounter a barrier or surface at an angle, causing them to bounce off in the opposite direction. Refraction occurs when water waves pass through a medium with different densities, causing them to change direction and possibly speed.

3. What factors affect the reflection and refraction of water waves?

The angle at which the wave hits a barrier, the shape and composition of the barrier, and the density and temperature of the medium through which the wave is passing can all affect the reflection and refraction of water waves.

4. How can I calculate the angle of reflection or refraction for water waves?

The angle of reflection can be calculated using the Law of Reflection, which states that the angle of incidence (incoming wave) is equal to the angle of reflection (outgoing wave). The angle of refraction can be calculated using Snell's Law, which takes into account the angle of incidence, the refractive index of the medium, and the speed of the wave in each medium.

5. How does the reflection and refraction of water waves impact our daily lives?

Water waves are constantly reflecting and refracting in our daily lives. For example, we see reflection when looking at our reflection in a calm lake, and we experience refraction when using a straw to drink from a glass of water. These phenomena also play a crucial role in the behavior of ocean waves, which can impact coastal communities and marine life.