Where can i find forum that solve these kind of questions

• Thread starter some_one
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum
In summary: This will take you to a page that looks like this:On this page, you will see a list of subforums. Click on "General Discussion" and then click on the "Subforums" link to the right.This will take you to a page that looks like this:On this page, you will see a list of subforums. Click on "Puzzles" and then click on the "Subforums" link to the right.This will take you to a page that looks like this:On this page, you will see a list of subforums. Click on "Logic" and then click on the "Sub
some_one
its more of a logic question
its used in my country in the "asat" exam
i need to solve this kind of in a minute an a half
the question is :
mary bought ten books

5 pairs of books
each pair of books has its own colors
a yellow pair ,a purple pair ,a black pair ,a blue pair, a red pair (10 books )
she decided to arrange them on 4 shelves ,but there are rules for arranging them

two books of the same color will not be on the same shelf
a yellow book cannot be on the same shelf with a purple shelf
a blue book will always be with a red book
in each shelf the amount of books will not exceed 3 books

what arrangement cannot happen if we know that on one self we have a purple and a blue books?
A.there is another shelf which has a purple and a blue book on it
B.there is a black book next to a red book
C.there is a yellow book next to a black book
D.there is a purple book next to a black book

i need to choose one of the answers
i am looking for a forum on this kind of questions
where should i look for?

Physics news on Phys.org
Note that given your instuctions, blue and red books must appear on the same shelves, and you therefore have that if you know there is a purple book with a blue book, then the last book on that shelf must be red.

On another shelf, where the last blue book is, it is also a red book.

Thus, you have two remaining "empty shelves" and one shelf with only one place left.

How can you arrange the yellow books so that none of those two will appear together with the last purple one?
In particular, what arrangements would have to be forbidden (remember that the two yellow books can't be placed on one shelf!)?

ye the second answer is the correct one
because the yellow will be with the purple
where can i ask this sort of question?

Well, you will not be chastised, castrated or executed if you keep on posting in the General Maths forum. We are not evil people here at PF (not very, anyways..).

But if you want the sub-forum which is most appropriate for puzzles of logic, you might either post in the set theory&logic subforum, or you could go into the Lounge sections and post under "Brain Teasers" (in General Discussion). That sub-forum is usually reserved as posting challenges to which you know the answer, but I'm sure some there can help you out if you don't know the answer beforehand.

And, you picked the correct answer. :smile:

Beware of fish if you venture into GD, though..

where can i find theory&logic subforum

i can't find it

Moved to Brain Teasers.

some_one said:
where can i find theory&logic subforum

Directions to set theory & logic subforum:

Starting at https://www.physicsforums.com ,
click on "Mathematics"
then click on "Set Theory, Logic, Probability, Statistics"

1. Where can I find forums for scientific questions?

There are many online forums specifically designed for scientific questions. Some popular options include ResearchGate, Quora, and Reddit's "AskScience" community. You can also search for forums related to your specific field of study or research topic.

2. Are there any forums that specialize in solving specific types of scientific questions?

Yes, there are forums that cater to specific types of scientific questions, such as physics, biology, chemistry, and more. Some examples include Physics Forums, Biology-Online, and Chemistry Stack Exchange. It's always best to search for a forum that aligns with your specific question or topic for more accurate and relevant answers.

3. Can I trust the answers given on scientific forums?

It's essential to approach online forums with a critical mindset and do your own research to verify the accuracy of the information provided. While most forums have guidelines in place to ensure reliable and credible answers, it's always best to double-check the information from multiple sources.

4. How do I ask a question on a scientific forum?

Before posting a question on a scientific forum, make sure to check if it has already been answered by using the search bar. If not, be sure to provide as much detail as possible, such as your specific question, relevant background information, and any previous research you have done. This will help others understand and answer your question more effectively.

5. Can I participate in discussions on scientific forums even if I am not a scientist?

Yes, most scientific forums welcome anyone who is interested in learning and discussing scientific topics. As long as you follow the forum's guidelines and ask relevant and respectful questions, you are welcome to participate and contribute to the discussions.