What Does the Simiens Crew Hacker Message Mean?

• Thread starter majinknight
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary, the Simiens Crew, a group of hackers, recently hacked a website and left a message stating "Simiens Crew 2004/2005 po um Mundo Melhor, Enquanto Houver Fome Guerra Morte Simiens Existira, Greetz Delphiboy pitt3r s8ldier". It appears to be written in Portuguese and translates to "While there is hunger and war, Simiens will exist". This group has been involved in numerous attacks, particularly targeting Korean servers. It is believed that they use an exploit in AWStats versions < 6.3. Efforts to catch the Simiens Crew have been unsuccessful thus far.
majinknight
Hi this site i regularly go to just got hacked and after or while it was when you tried to go to the site you would get the message :

"Simiens Crew 2004/2005 po um Mundo Melhor, Enquanto Houver Fome Guerra Morte Simiens Existira, Greetz Delphiboy pitt3r s8ldier "

Does anyone know what this message means or if it is at all able to be used to find out who the hacker(s) are. Also if there is any other way that you can find out who a hacker is afterwards. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
I would guess the hackers to be "Simiens Crew". It looks like very mispelled or 'leetspeak Spanish, but no guarantees on that.

Edit: I googled for them. It appears they've been busy little... uhh, "beavers". There are a couple of message boards discussing them. Try a google and you may find someone who can give you more information.

Edit 2: It's Portuguese. The message on one of the hacked sites says (according to Babelfish):

While it will have hunger and war simiens exists!

Which I take to mean they intend to continue to exist as long as there's hunger and war. Somebody seriously needs a life.

Last edited:
Ok thanks for that bit of help.

A bit more information, if a trifle late:

http://www.zone-h.org/defacements/filter/filter_defacer=Simiens

ZoneH reports some 18000 attacks by these people. The most recent 600, linked here, are in the past three days. They seem to concentrate on Korean servers, and all of them (as far as I can tell) are running Linux.

Ya i had found that site, thanks though! It seems like there isn't any way to catch these guys.

i was hacked too...it's an exploit in awstats versions < 6.3

http://www.chovy.com/2005/02/simiens-crew-2005-how-they-did-it.html

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a computer?

A computer is an electronic device that is capable of receiving, storing, and processing data to produce desired outputs. It consists of hardware components such as a central processing unit (CPU), memory, and input/output devices, as well as software programs that enable it to perform various tasks.

2. What is the difference between hardware and software?

Hardware refers to the physical components of a computer, such as the keyboard, monitor, and hard drive. Software, on the other hand, refers to the programs and instructions that tell the computer what to do. Essentially, hardware is what you can touch and see, while software is what you can't touch but can interact with.

3. What is the difference between a desktop and a laptop computer?

A desktop computer is a stationary device that typically consists of a separate monitor, keyboard, and tower. It is designed to be used in a fixed location, such as a desk. A laptop computer, on the other hand, is a portable device that combines the monitor, keyboard, and tower into a single unit. It is designed for on-the-go use and can be easily carried around.

4. What is the purpose of an operating system?

An operating system is the most essential software that runs on a computer. It manages the computer's hardware and provides the user with a user-friendly interface to interact with the computer and its programs. Without an operating system, a computer would not be able to function.

5. What is the difference between RAM and a hard drive?

RAM (Random Access Memory) is a type of memory that stores data temporarily while the computer is running. It is much faster than a hard drive and is used to store data that is currently being used by the computer. A hard drive, on the other hand, is a type of storage device that permanently stores data, even when the computer is turned off. It is much slower than RAM but has a much larger storage capacity.

Back