Register to reply

Bug LaTeX WYSIWYG editor bug?

by QuarkCharmer
Tags: None
Share this thread:
QuarkCharmer
Mar14-12, 11:13 PM
P: 1,035
I'm not sure if this is a bug, or I am just an idiot and using this thing wrong, but when you click something in the LaTeX drop-down thing that appears to the right, for instance, a greek letter or something, the thing automatically inputs it where the cursor is, but includes a free set of itex tags with it!

I'm not particularly adept with LaTeX, to begin with, but I know how to write every type of symbol I could need for my particular math level. However, when I need some uncommon greek letter or something, I go to the drop-down, and click the thing I need, and BAM. It plops down what I was looking for with surrounding TEX tags right in the middle of my equation that already has TEX tags.

Am I an idiot, this this my browser doing this, or is this unintended?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Security CTO to detail Android Fake ID flaw at Black Hat
Huge waves measured for first time in Arctic Ocean
Mysterious molecules in space
Borek
Mar15-12, 02:43 AM
Admin
P: 23,393
If I understand the situation correctly it adds itex tags each time you are not inside an inline LaTeX surrounded by the itex tags. At least that's what I see happening here (Opera/XP).
QuarkCharmer
Mar15-12, 08:18 PM
Even if my cursor is within a set of itex tags where I want to place some symbol, the editor adds itex tags within the itex tags I already have.

micromass
Mar15-12, 08:37 PM
Mentor
P: 18,061
LaTeX WYSIWYG editor bug?

Quote Quote by QuarkCharmer View Post
Even if my cursor is within a set of itex tags where I want to place some symbol, the editor adds itex tags within the itex tags I already have.
May I ask you what browser you are using?? I don't experience your problem with firefox.
QuarkCharmer
Mar16-12, 02:25 AM
Firefox 10.0.2

Register to reply