What are the best languages for creating a website and how do I get started?

• Thread starter hagopbul
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses creating a website and the languages needed for it. The person wants to know whether to use HTML, XML, or Java, and also mentions security concerns. The response suggests starting with HTML as it is necessary for making web pages and also recommends learning CSS afterwards. Helpful tutorials for beginners are provided for both HTML and CSS.
hagopbul
Hi guys
I want to create a website but I need help because I don’t know what language to use HTML, XML or java, or the all the three of them
And what security issue I need to take care of.:shy:
i am asking this question because i am going to learn one of this languages or three of them but i don't know where to start.or what to learn first

thank you

Technology news on Phys.org
w3schools.com has tutorials for beginners on HTML & XHTML, writing web pages, etc. They also have tutorials on scripting for both the browser and server sides.

Of those three, um, languages, only HTML will let you make web pages. Java can be used on an existing HTML page, and XHTML, a type of XML closely related to HTML, can be used to make web pages too -- but they're similar enough that if you learn one you're learned the other.

There are a bunch of tutorials.

This is beginner-oriented:
http://www.html.net/tutorials/html/introduction.asp

...then CSS.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I create a website?

Creating a website involves several steps, including choosing a domain name, selecting a hosting provider, designing the website layout, and coding the website using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. You can also use website building platforms like WordPress or Wix to create a website without coding.

2. Do I need to know coding to create a website?

While coding knowledge can be beneficial, it is not necessary to create a website. Website building platforms, templates, and plugins allow users to create websites without coding. However, having basic coding skills can help customize and enhance your website.

3. How much does it cost to create a website?

The cost of creating a website depends on various factors, such as the domain name, hosting provider, website building platform, and any additional features or plugins. You can create a basic website for free or invest in a more professional and customized website for a higher cost.

4. Can I create a website for free?

Yes, you can create a website for free using website building platforms such as WordPress, Wix, or Weebly. These platforms offer free templates and hosting, but you may need to pay for additional features or a custom domain name.

5. How long does it take to create a website?

The time it takes to create a website can vary depending on the complexity of the website and your level of experience. Building a basic website can take a few hours, while a more advanced and customized website may take weeks or even months to complete.