Why hasnt anyone viewed my question.

• Thread starter sweep123
  • Start date
In summary, people may not be able to help you with your question if it is posted late in the night, during important football games, or if the person asking for help does not feel like they have enough information to help.
sweep123
I did all the things on the FAQ and yet still no one has viewed my question about the wave equation. Why is this?

Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe because you posted it half an hour ago. You need to be more patient, since no-one is paid to help you with your homework here: those that do are generously giving up their free time to help out students.

I don't think the viewing stat updates in real time so people probably have viewed it.

All help here is voluntary, and there are some pretty important (US) football playoff games tonight. Perhaps people haven't seen your question yet. If you have a question (especially a complex one) post it as early as you can, so that you will have time to ask follow-ups and clarify. If you are a student or researcher with some time constraints, this is especially important.

If you see a request for help on a Sunday night (especially with "urgent", "asap" etc in the title line) it does not motivate helpers to educate students who have put off their homework until the last moment. I'm not saying that this is your situation, but it is a very common occurrence here, and the pattern is discouraging.

I understand that people are only helping voluntarily. It is just a bit frustrating watching new topics popping up at the top which get replies very quickly and then watching my topic move further and further down the page.

sweep123 said:
I understand that people are only helping voluntarily. It is just a bit frustrating watching new topics popping up at the top which get replies very quickly and then watching my topic move further and further down the page.
Be honest with yourself, if you can. When did you know that you needed help, and when did you ask for help, and when did you know that your responses might be time-sensitive? There are lots of VERY helpful people here, but please understand that they have lives, and they don't need to jump into action if you have procrastinated.

sweep123 said:
People respond to posts they feel like giving their time to.

I don't think you really understand the meaning of "helping voluntarily."

Sorry, I looked over your question but I didn't know how to help or even how to answer it myself, and I'd be willing to bet that others who have viewed your problem are in the same boat as me.

1. Why is it important for someone to view my question?

As a scientist, it is important for your question to be viewed because it allows for collaboration and the exchange of ideas. Someone else may have a different perspective or knowledge on the topic, which can lead to a more comprehensive understanding of the subject.

2. What can I do to increase the chances of my question being viewed?

One way to increase the chances of your question being viewed is by providing a clear and concise title that accurately reflects the content of your question. Additionally, including relevant keywords can make it easier for others to find your question.

3. Could the timing of when I post my question affect the number of views?

Yes, the timing of when you post your question can definitely impact the number of views it receives. Posting during peak hours or when more people are online can increase the visibility of your question.

4. Is it possible that my question is not being viewed because it is not relevant?

It is possible that your question may not be receiving views because it is not relevant to the community or platform you are posting on. Make sure to research the community's guidelines and topic of discussion before posting.

5. What other ways can I promote my question to get more views?

You can promote your question by sharing it on social media platforms, reaching out to relevant experts or communities, and engaging in discussions related to your question. Additionally, providing a well-written and informative question can also attract more views.