If you are not completely satisfied by this product

• Thread starter _Mayday_
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Product
In summary, the company might send you a case of the suff if the product you sent back was not up to par.
_Mayday_
Hey Everyone,

Well yesterday I was eating a KitKat Chocolate Bar, and on the back it said I could send it back if I was not completely satisfied. What are the conditions that the chocolate bar would have to satisfy in order for me to get my money back? Would it be possible to buy 10, EAT THEM ALL, and then get my money back?

Cheers for any help!

_Mayday_

Physics news on Phys.org
Probably. 10 Kit Kat bars don't cost enough to be worth fighting over. At most, they might send a letter first wanting to know exactly what was wrong with them, requiring you to reply, requiring them to send another letter, etc. If abusing the system isn't a common problem, then they probably don't have a lot of bureaucracy in place to combat it.

It would probably work nearly as good as returning a stuffed pepper to the dining hall in a holy joe (those brown envelopes with holes in them at people reuse to send internal documents around the workplace). The folks that worked crew would get their meals driven out to them in insulated boxes that held several plates. The boxes were getting old and sometimes the plates would wind up stacked on top of each other at the bottom of the box, hence delivery of a very unappetizing meal of flattened stuff peppers. The dining hall management and site commander were upset about the delivery method for about one day - that just added to the delight of other crew workers that had experienced the same problem. The guy didn't get his money back (but we were military and our meals were free, so that probably wasn't very realistic in the first place), but the dining hall did get new boxes for delivering the meals.

What type of things would have to be wrong with the KitKat?

_Mayday_ said:
What type of things would have to be wrong with the KitKat?
If it had salmonela and you ate it and died, I think that would be grounds for them to send you another one.

_Mayday_ said:
Would it be possible to buy 10, EAT THEM ALL, and then get my money back?

_Mayday_

Yeah, eat all 10 at once. Then complain that they made you sick. :wink:

Call them and say that you ate one, but weren't sure if you were completely satisfied or just partially so.

Of course, you decided to gather more data points. Things were going along quite well, the data set was starting to converge nicely to a central limit. Suddenly, halfway through the 7th one, the data began to diverge.

The divergence continued through to the middle of the 10th Kit Kat, when the data collection process came to a sudden, disgustng end.

I'm sure they'll send you 10 more.

lisab said:
Call them and say that you ate one, but weren't sure if you were completely satisfied or just partially so.

Of course, you decided to gather more data points. Things were going along quite well, the data set was starting to converge nicely to a central limit. Suddenly, halfway through the 7th one, the data began to diverge.

The divergence continued through to the middle of the 10th Kit Kat, when the data collection process came to a sudden, disgustng end.

They most definitely would. Upon hearing 'converge' and 'diverge' the poor guy with a low end triple-digit biweekly paycheck and double-digit IQ on the other end of the telephone would be sufficiently confused into submission to let you have your way.

If I was the service manager, I'd refund you for the first, then tell you to bugger off and stop taking the piss.

lisab said:

I think after about seven Kit-Kats you'd see a floor effect. You'd barf. On the floor.

They are probably going to reply back with a letter saying, "Give me a break".

Cyrus said:
They are probably going to reply back with a letter saying, "Give me a break".

:rofl:

That song's going to be stuck in my head now.

If it were out of date, squished, tasted funky, or other wise damaged.
I bought a jar of peanut butter and jelly{the stuff was swirled together} it tasted really nasty, so I wrote a letter to the company and they sent me a case of the suff. Then I discovered that, in fact, there was nothing wrong with my jar. All of it tasted the same, it is just nasty stuff.

Just let them know that the first one didn't satisfy you completely, so you had to eat a second. That one still didn't satisfy, etc. and so on, so you deserve a refund/replacement.

jimmysnyder said:
If it had salmonela and you ate it and died, I think that would be grounds for them to send you another one.

I wouldn't be able to do sped the 50pence refund though!

brewnog said:
If I was the service manager, I'd refund you for the first, then tell you to bugger off and stop taking the piss.

Haha! Yeah maybe, I think the question is who is to blame for the problem the supermarket or KitKat.

hypatia said:
If it were out of date, squished, tasted funky, or other wise damaged.
I bought a jar of peanut butter and jelly{the stuff was swirled together} it tasted really nasty, so I wrote a letter to the company and they sent me a case of the suff. Then I discovered that, in fact, there was nothing wrong with my jar. All of it tasted the same, it is just nasty stuff.

Haha, what did you do with the case? If anything they made it worse.

_Mayday_ said:
I wouldn't be able to do sped the 50pence refund though!
Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms. _Mayday_,
It is with sorrow that we hear of your recent demise caused by our product. We regret the loss of a customer. Please convey our sincere condolences to your family. Enclosed you will find a KitKat bar to replace the one which did you in. We regret that company policy is to replace the defective item, not return our hard earned money back to you.

Have a nice day,

The Cadbury (no, ha-ha, we don't mean to imply that you are a cad) Monopoly Capitalist Running Dog and Chocolate Company.

jimmysnyder said:
Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms. _Mayday_,
It is with sorrow that we hear of your recent demise caused by our product. We regret the loss of a customer. Please convey our sincere condolences to your family. Enclosed you will find a KitKat bar to replace the one which did you in. We regret that company policy is to replace the defective item, not return our hard earned money back to you.

Have a nice day,

The Cadbury (no, ha-ha, we don't mean to imply that you are a cad) Monopoly Capitalist Running Dog and Chocolate Company.

Clearly a fraudulent letter. I'd suspect a scam.

Cadbury is about the only company that would be an incorrect answer to "Who makes Kit Kat candy bars?"

Srangely enough, KitKat is made by Nestle, except in the US where Kit Kat is made by Hershey (the two brands spell the name differently, although the candy bars are practically identical otherwise). Kit Kats (or KitKats) were originally made by Rowntree.

Nestle version: http://www.kitkat.com/
Hershey version: http://www.hersheys.com/products/details/kitkat.asp

The logos are different (for the blind or those that don't care to check the links).

Last edited:
Do you Yanks have Cadbury's chocolate? Like proper Dairy Milk, or Bourneville?

Bourneville is way better.

My familiarity with Cadbury is pretty much limited to the "Cadbury cream eggs" they sell here at Easter. (I don't like them. They freak me out a little.)

I think I had some "flake" chocolate when I was in England. Is that Cadbury?

Math Is Hard said:
My familiarity with Cadbury is pretty much limited to the "Cadbury cream eggs" they sell here at Easter. (I don't like them. They freak me out a little.)

I think I had some "flake" chocolate when I was in England. Is that Cadbury?

Flask is cadburies, and cream eggs are like eating puss filled boils.

Complain that the ratio of Kit to Kat was extremely small and you aren't satisfied.

Last edited:
_Mayday_ said:
Flask is cadburies, and cream eggs are like eating puss filled boils.

OK, now they freak me out more than a little. :yuck:

Poop-Loops said:
Complain that the ration of Kit to Kat was extremely small and you aren't satisfied.

Or complain that it did not contain actual kat.

The best chocolate is ...Lindt's truffles...(drool)

and I guess you could complain about the kit kat bars not being..."chocolatey enough" :rofl:

1. What does "not completely satisfied" mean?

"Not completely satisfied" means that you are not fully content or happy with the product. There may be aspects of the product that did not meet your expectations or needs.

2. What if I am only partially satisfied with the product?

If you are only partially satisfied with the product, you can still contact the company or manufacturer to express your concerns and see if they can offer a solution or remedy to improve your satisfaction.

3. Do I need to provide a reason for my dissatisfaction?

No, you are not required to provide a reason for your dissatisfaction. However, providing feedback can help the company understand how to improve their product for future customers.

4. What is the process for returning a product if I am not completely satisfied?

The process for returning a product may vary depending on the company or manufacturer. It is best to check the return policy or contact the company directly for instructions on how to return the product.

5. Will I receive a full refund if I am not completely satisfied?

The refund policy may vary depending on the company or manufacturer. Some may offer a full refund, while others may offer a partial refund or store credit. It is best to check the refund policy or contact the company for more information.