What physics courses are offered at UIUC and where can I access their resources?

In summary: I could go for a bacon wrapped date right about now!In summary, go to the website above to find undergraduate physics resources at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. The website has syllabi, practice exams, and lecture slides. There are classes available, including PHYS 101 - College Physics: Mech & Heat, PHYS 102 - College Physics: E&M & Modern, PHYS 211 - University Physics: Mechanics, PHYS 212 - University Physics: Elec & Mag, PHYS 213 - Univ Physics: Thermal Physics, PHYS 214 - Univ Physics: Quantum Physics.
faitswulff
To be granted access to undergraduate physics resources at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, go to this website:

http://www.physics.uiuc.edu/courses/

The websites have syllabi, practice exams, and lecture slides. Here is a list of the classes:

PHYS 101 - College Physics: Mech & Heat
PHYS 102 - College Physics: E&M & Modern
PHYS 211 - University Physics: Mechanics
PHYS 212 - University Physics: Elec & Mag
PHYS 213 - Univ Physics: Thermal Physics
PHYS 214 - Univ Physics: Quantum Physics

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Sweet, I didn't know my school had any of use up online. Thanks, that'll be useful for next semester!

Didn't you get the huge course book the student center gives?

They don't really hand those out any more. They've almost completely switched to the online course catalog as far as I know.

Gotcha. I forgot about the "going green" campaign that's spreading around. That website linked above is definitely good. I also found it a good idea to go to a professor's website that's teaching a class I was interested in taking and downloading all the notes/homework/tests (hopefully with solutions) for future use. It definitely helped me when I was taking a class and had at least a sample of what to expect on an exam; although I will admit that I did this for math not physics.

Good idea! My math class this semester actually has all the homework and exams given (and solutions) posted now so it would be an excellent idea to check for classes I'm going to be taking and seeing what's up there. Thanks for the idea :)

I don't know if you are in a sorority or if sororities do this but frats most certainly keep a little database for all classes as study aids. There's mixed feelings on this as some believe it's cheating if a professor reuses the tests from previous times he/she taught it. My opinion is if a professor doesn't want to devote the time to come up with new problems, then it's on him :) However frats do take it one step further...sometimes a professor will let the students take the test home to review the marks but will ask them to return it, in frats, those tests get photocopied and stored... so take it as you will.

Also true. We have the biggest Greek system on campus so I guess there must be a few copies around. :)

Now I miss Kam's...

1. What are the top research areas in Physics at UIUC?

The top research areas in Physics at UIUC include condensed matter physics, high energy physics, astrophysics, biophysics, and quantum information science.

2. How is the Physics program at UIUC ranked nationally?

The Physics program at UIUC is consistently ranked as one of the top 10 programs in the country by various ranking institutions, including U.S. News & World Report and the National Research Council.

3. Are there opportunities for undergraduate students to participate in research at UIUC?

Yes, there are many opportunities for undergraduate students to participate in research at UIUC. The Physics department offers a variety of research programs and internships, and many faculty members welcome undergraduate students to join their research groups.

4. What kind of career opportunities are available for graduates of the Physics program at UIUC?

Graduates of the Physics program at UIUC have a wide range of career opportunities, including positions in academia, research labs, government agencies, and private industries. Many graduates also go on to pursue advanced degrees in physics or related fields.

5. Are there any notable faculty members or alumni in the Physics department at UIUC?

Yes, there are many notable faculty members and alumni in the Physics department at UIUC. Some notable faculty members include Nobel laureate Anthony Leggett and National Medal of Science recipient John Bardeen. Notable alumni include Nobel laureates Anthony Fauci and John Robert Schrieffer.