Indian engineer claims the nobel process is flawed

In summary, an Indian engineer is nominated for a Nobel Prize, but doesn't get it because the process is flawed. He claims the process is flawed because he believes that merit isn't based on popularity, but rather on the quality of the work. Obama got a Nobel Prize, remember that? Enough said. Even if the process is flawed, there's nothing that can be done about it. The Nobel Prize is a joke, and it seems to only be given to those who obtain power by wit instead of force. Al Gore's Nobel Prize looks the most weird to me. It's all part of a neo-con teabagger conspiracy to destroy democracy and install a world government of crab-people.
aquitaine
Not sure if it belongs here, if not then please move it.

So basically an indian engineer is nominated for a nobel prize, and doesn't get it. He http://news.indiainfo.com/2003/07/07/07nri.html claiming the process is flawed. Any merit to this, or is he just being a sore loser? Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
why did he keep quiet for 10 years?

I think the Nobel Prize process is flawed, but not neccesarily for the same reasons. Of course, it is not our call to make is it.

Get a better link please

Obama got a nobel prize, remember that? Enough said.

Any time a decision is based on people voting you are going to have an element of bias.

cronxeh said:
Obama got a nobel prize, remember that? Enough said.
So did kissenger!

Remember the nobel PEACE prize has no connection to the Nobel prizes other than the same family fronting the money.

It's pro-wrestling for intelectuals.

To me, Al Gore's Nobel PEACE Prize looks the most weird.

What does global warming have to do with world peace?

mgb_phys said:
So did kissenger!

Remember the nobel PEACE prize has no connection to the Nobel prizes other than the same family fronting the money.

I agree Kissinger shouldn't have gotten it. He played both the Rockefeller and Nixon fields and really gambled with people's lives, but at least he had the actual audacity to be nominated to highest posts of power. He may have been responsible for the space race USA and USSR had. In any event the Nobel peace prize is a joke - it seems they did not give it to Ghandi and now they only give it to those who obtain power by wit instead of force.

Last edited:
jobyts said:
To me, Al Gore's Nobel PEACE Prize looks the most weird.
It's all part of neo-con teabagger conspiracy.
By automatically giving the nobel prize to failed democrats it demonstrates that the Nobel prize and therefore the UN (same letter) are part of a plot by the stone cutters to destroy democracy and install a world government of crab-people.

ps. I might have got the details wrong - I was channel surfing.

pps. At least the Americans are going to start drinking tea again, hopefully that will calm them all down a bit. I think a lot of the problems of the last half century can be blamed on excessive coffee consumption.

aquitaine said:
So basically an indian engineer is nominated for a nobel prize, and doesn't get it. He http://news.indiainfo.com/2003/07/07/07nri.html claiming the process is flawed. Any merit to this, or is he just being a sore loser? Thoughts?

Well first: He doesn't know whether he was nominated. At most, somebody qualified to nominate may have told him they nominated him (breaching confidentiality), but there's few ways he can actually know that. The records are sealed for 50 years and the confidentiality rules are quite clearly specified on a paper accompanying the nomination forms sent out every year.
(I'll just mention that unnecessary detail to show that I might have a bit of insight here..)

In any case, the proof is in the pudding: If the Nobel committees got it wrong a lot, the Nobel prizes simply wouldn't have the status they do. It isn't that big a cash prize (and during some periods, it was a quite meager sum). But with that status, it's inevitable you'll have a bunch of sore losers, as well as people trying to influence the process (which has kept its integrity quite well if you ask me).

Finally, even if you do consider the process to be flawed, there's absolutely nothing that can be done about it. Nobel's will was quite specific in its instructions, and as executors of it, they're legally bound to follow it to the letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
A list of most popular articles from the site where this was published:
news.indiainfo.com said:
This 2yr old smokes 40 cigarettes a day
After Kites, Roshans planning Balloons
Spider bites woman's breast off
Why was she with six men that night?
Woman made sex slave for 1.5 months
Tijori's minor daughter sexually abused
This man lost 25 loved ones in AI crash
The mobile number that kills owners
Indian American sexually assaults women
Man on wheelchair fined for speeding
Sadhu baba linked to sex scandal
Jaya Bachchan chooses Mulayam Singh
I'm not saying this necessarily discredits it, but...

1. What is the Nobel process and how is it used?

The Nobel process is a chemical method used to produce nitric acid, which is an important industrial chemical used in the production of fertilizers, explosives, and other products. It involves oxidizing ammonia with oxygen to produce nitric oxide, which is then further oxidized to produce nitric acid.

2. How does the Indian engineer claim that the Nobel process is flawed?

The Indian engineer claims that the Nobel process has a high energy consumption and low yield, making it inefficient and costly. He also suggests that the process produces harmful byproducts and has a negative impact on the environment.

3. What evidence does the Indian engineer provide to support his claim?

The Indian engineer provides data and calculations showing the energy consumption and yield of the Nobel process compared to alternative methods. He also presents evidence of the harmful byproducts and their impact on the environment.

4. How has the scientific community responded to this claim?

The scientific community has responded with skepticism and has called for further research and evidence to support the claim. Some experts argue that the Nobel process is continuously being improved and optimized, and that it is currently the most efficient and widely used method for producing nitric acid.

5. What are some potential implications if the Indian engineer's claims are true?

If the Indian engineer's claims are true, it could have significant implications for the chemical industry and the production of nitric acid. It may lead to the development of more efficient and environmentally friendly methods for producing nitric acid. It could also impact the cost and availability of products that rely on nitric acid as a raw material.