Online Mechanics of Materials Resources for Basic Equations

In summary, the basic equations used in mechanics of materials include Hooke's law and equations for calculating stress, strain, and deformation in different types of structures. There are many online resources available for learning about mechanics of materials, such as websites, videos, and interactive simulations. There are also free online courses and tutorials specifically for mechanics of materials, as well as websites and resources that offer practice problems and solutions. These online resources can be used to supplement studies by watching videos, completing practice problems, and joining online forums for additional support.
Curl
Does anyone have any good online reference sources that derive the basic equations from Mechanics of Materials such as angular deflection of beams under torsion, stress on cross section due to moments, etc. all the easy basic stuff.

I took those classes a long time ago and I don't remember. Don't have the books either since I was borrowing them when I took the class.

Engineering news on Phys.org

1. What are the basic equations used in mechanics of materials?

The basic equations used in mechanics of materials include Hooke's law, which relates stress and strain in a linear elastic material, and the equations for calculating stress, strain, and deformation in different types of structures under various loading conditions.

2. How can I access online resources for learning about mechanics of materials?

There are many online resources available for learning about mechanics of materials, including websites, videos, and interactive simulations. Some examples include Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, and ASEE's EngineeringK12 Center.

3. Are there any free online courses or tutorials specifically for mechanics of materials?

Yes, there are several free online courses and tutorials available for mechanics of materials. Some popular options include Coursera's "Mechanics of Materials I: Fundamentals of Stress and Strain and Axial Loading" and edX's "Engineering Mechanics: Statics and Dynamics."

4. Can I find practice problems and solutions for mechanics of materials online?

Yes, there are many websites and resources that offer practice problems and solutions for mechanics of materials. Some examples include Chegg Study, Mechanicalc, and Engineering ToolBox.

5. How can I use online resources to supplement my studies of mechanics of materials?

You can use online resources to supplement your studies of mechanics of materials by watching instructional videos, completing practice problems, and accessing interactive simulations and demonstrations. You can also join online forums or discussion groups to ask questions and receive help from others studying the same subject.