Solve Physics Questions w/ Experts - Hey Physics Experts!

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with two physics questions. The first question involves finding the tension in a cable, work done by the tension and the person's weight, and the final speed of the person using the work-energy theorem. The second question involves finding the speed of a particle at a specific point using the conservation of energy. The person has shown their work and is seeking confirmation that their solutions are correct.
Winner
Hey Physics Experts!

I got 2 questions which I did my work, but want to double check with someone, anyone!

Q:A rescue helicoper lifts a 79 kg person straight up by means of a cable. The person has an upward acceleration of 0.70m/s^2 and is lifted from rest through a distance of 11m. a)what is the tension in the cable? How much work is done by b)the tension in the cable and c)the person's weight? d) use the work-energy theorem and find the final speed of the person.

My work so far:

a)Tension in cable

sum of Fy=T-W=ma

T=ma+W
79kg(0.70m/s^2)+79(9.81m/s^2)= 830.29 N

b)Work by tension in cable:
W=Fcos(0 degrees)s
=830N(1)(11m)
=9130J

c)work done by person's weight

W=Fcos(180)s
=774.99N(-1)(11m)
=-8525 J

d)Final speed

KEf=W+KEo
1/2 mv^2=W+1/2mv^2

Vf=square root (2*9133J/79kg)
=15.20m/s

Any suggesions great.

Here's the other one...

Q:A particle, starting from point A in the darwing, is projected down the curved runway. upon leaving the runway at point B, the partticle is traveling straight upward reaches a height of 4.00m above the floor before falling back down. ignoring firction and air resistance, find the speed of the particle at point A.

I've attached a crude paint drawing.

Ok my work:

Wnc (non conservative work) = 0

Ef=Eo

1/2mv^2 + mgh= 1/2mVo^2+mgh

Since kinetic and potential must be constant then I can cancel some terms

so mgh=1/2mVo^2

Vo=square root(2*9.81*(4m-3m))
Vo= 4.43m/s

Sounds too simple if you ask me.

Somethings in err, comments?
Thanks all.

Attachments

• Question1.jpg
    Question1.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 477
Physics news on Phys.org
Both problems look like they have been solved correctly. Good job.

Look like. Can we say for certain lol. Bump

What is "Solve Physics Questions w/ Experts - Hey Physics Experts!"?

"Solve Physics Questions w/ Experts - Hey Physics Experts!" is an online platform where students can ask physics questions and receive answers from expert scientists in the field. It is designed to provide accurate and reliable solutions to complex physics problems.

How does "Solve Physics Questions w/ Experts - Hey Physics Experts!" work?

Students can submit their physics questions on the platform and they will be answered by a team of experienced physicists. Each question is thoroughly researched and explained in a clear and concise manner, to ensure a better understanding of the concept.

Who are the experts on "Solve Physics Questions w/ Experts - Hey Physics Experts!"?

The experts on "Solve Physics Questions w/ Experts - Hey Physics Experts!" are highly qualified and experienced scientists with a strong background in physics. They have a deep understanding of various physics concepts and are dedicated to helping students with their questions.

Is "Solve Physics Questions w/ Experts - Hey Physics Experts!" suitable for all levels of physics?

Yes, "Solve Physics Questions w/ Experts - Hey Physics Experts!" is suitable for all levels of physics, from high school to university. The experts have a wide range of knowledge and can provide solutions to questions from various topics and difficulty levels.

How can I access "Solve Physics Questions w/ Experts - Hey Physics Experts!"?

"Solve Physics Questions w/ Experts - Hey Physics Experts!" can be accessed through the website or mobile app. Students can sign up for an account and start submitting their physics questions immediately. It is available 24/7, making it convenient for students to get help whenever they need it.