Troubleshooting LaTeX Issues with Spoilers

In summary: That's the only way to work around the bug.In summary, LaTeX don't work with Spoiler. Why ?The spoiler tags here don't seem to do anything more than to change the color of the text to the color of the background. This doesn't affect images. I don't know why the spoilers are so primitive here.
cupid.callin
LaTeX don't work with Spoiler. Why ?

Physics news on Phys.org
The spoiler tags here don't seem to do anything more than to change the color of the text to the color of the background. This doesn't affect images. I don't know why the spoilers are so primitive here. I have seen at least one other forum (that also uses vBulletin) where stuff in spoiler tags is really hidden until you click a link to show it.

this is a test disregard

latex code \\Delta x fluck!

[ tex ] a^x_n [ /tex ] this is not flucking fair i copied that directly from the help thread!

[ tex ] a^x_n [ /tex ] this is taking all the fun out of math fluck!

[tex] a^x_n [/tex] why did the help thread not state that no spaces were allowed inside the tex brackets like this [ tex ] a^x_n [ /tex ]

ok now that i have conquered the demons of a bad latex parser let me try delta x

[tex] Delta x [/tex] do not give up

[tex] \Delta x [/tex] yes!

Last edited:
I guess you missed the warning in boldface right before that example: The real tags do not include spaces.

Remove the spaces that are inside the brackets, i.e. immediately before and after the "tex" and "/tex".

[added] Ah, now you figured it out! :smile:

vector22 said:
this is a test disregard

latex code \\Delta x fluck!

[ tex ] a^x_n [ /tex ] this is not flucking fair i copied that directly from the help thread!

[ tex ] a^x_n [ /tex ] this is taking all the fun out of math fluck!

[tex] a^x_n [/tex]

Ummm .. what?

You don't have to post your experiments. Just use the preview feature, and keep in mind that the only way to work around the bug that makes the wrong images appear in previews is to refresh and resend after each preview.

there is one more problem ... the preview button don't refresh the latex code

it shown the old one ... the very first one i ever used ... unless i delete all cookies

That's the problem I was talking about. Deleting the cookies won't help. You have to refresh and resend after each preview.

Last edited:
Fredrik said:
That's the problem I was talking about. Deleting the cookies won't help. You have to refresh and resend after each preview.

it helped me

I don't think it did. You probably refreshed the page as well. As far as I know, the problem is the same in all browsers and all operating systems. The only thing that works is to refresh and resend.

Fortunately Greg is planning to install MathJax in a few weeks, and that should solve the problem once and for all.

no ...

like if i used code which gives preview as: [tex]\frac{Use}{less}[/tex] on say 14march

and on 15 march i write latex code [ tex ]\frac{still}{useless}[ \tex ]
and hit preview
it will still show me [tex]\frac{Use}{less}[/tex]

You haven't understood what people are telling you do do.

Write your new LaTeX. Preview it. Sure, the display is usually wrong.

Then hit your browser's REFRESH button. That will fix the display.

Exactly. You have refresh and resend after each preview.

1. What is the purpose of using spoilers in LaTeX?

Spoilers in LaTeX are used to hide certain parts of a document or code until the reader chooses to reveal them. This can be helpful for presenting solutions to problems or for organizing large amounts of information.

2. How do I create a spoiler in LaTeX?

To create a spoiler in LaTeX, you can use the \usepackage{spoiler} command and then wrap the text you want to hide in the \begin{spoiler} and \end{spoiler} tags. Alternatively, you can use the \usepackage{blindtext} command and then use the \blindtext command to generate a placeholder text that can be hidden as a spoiler.

3. Why is my spoiler not working in my LaTeX document?

There could be several reasons why your spoiler is not working. First, make sure you have properly loaded the spoiler package or the blindtext package. Also, check that you have used the correct syntax for the spoiler tags. If the issue persists, try clearing your cache and recompiling the document.

4. Can I customize the appearance of my spoilers in LaTeX?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of your spoilers in LaTeX by using the \spoilerstyle command. This allows you to change the font, color, and other formatting options for your spoilers.

5. Is there a way to hide multiple lines of text as a spoiler in LaTeX?

Yes, you can hide multiple lines of text as a spoiler in LaTeX by using the \begin{spoilerbox} and \end{spoilerbox} tags. This will create a box that can contain multiple lines of text and can be hidden as a spoiler.