Matlab=>Trignometric equations?

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter nanunath
  • Start date
In summary, Matlab is a powerful language and software used for numerical computing and data analysis. It has built-in functions and tools specifically designed for solving trignometric equations, making it a useful tool for scientists and engineers. To input trignometric equations, use the variable names 'x' or 'y' for the independent variable and 'pi' for the constant pi. Matlab also has functions that can solve systems of trignometric equations, but they require the equations to be in symbolic form. To plot trignometric equations, define them as functions and use the 'fplot' function. Some tips for solving trignometric equations in Matlab include using the correct syntax and functions, clearing the current figure before plotting a new equation, and
nanunath
Hi..can anyone tell me / give me a link as to how are trigonometric equations solved using MATLAB..I searched the help .. but found none there..
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Not sure what you mean by solving trig eqns.

the solve command solves eqns for given arguments. type

Code:
help solve

in the command window for some details and syntax

you can also try

Code:
help tan
help tand 
help sin
help sind
etc. let me know how it goes.

Hey thanks dear,
Btw..I google searchd..and found 'fzero' function to be useful for my purpose..my program works fine now..
Bye!

1. What is Matlab and how is it used for solving trignometric equations?

Matlab is a programming language and software used for numerical computing and data analysis. It has built-in functions and tools specifically designed for solving trignometric equations, making it a powerful tool for scientists and engineers.

2. How do I input trignometric equations in Matlab?

To input a trignometric equation in Matlab, use the variable names 'x' or 'y' for the independent variable and 'pi' for the constant pi. For example, sin(x) or cos(pi*x).

3. Can Matlab solve systems of trignometric equations?

Yes, Matlab has functions such as 'fsolve' and 'solve' which can be used to solve systems of trignometric equations. These functions require the equations to be in symbolic form using the 'syms' command.

4. How do I plot trignometric equations in Matlab?

To plot a trignometric equation in Matlab, first define the equation as a function using the 'function' keyword. Then use the 'fplot' function to plot the equation over a specified range of values.

5. Are there any tips for solving trignometric equations in Matlab?

It is important to remember to use the correct syntax and functions in Matlab when solving trignometric equations. It is also helpful to use the 'clf' command to clear the current figure before plotting a new equation. Additionally, it is recommended to use the 'hold on' and 'hold off' commands when plotting multiple equations on the same figure.