Can You Solve the Box Thing Puzzle?

In summary, the puzzle has been solved for about 250 years, but there is no solution on a plane or sphere. There are solutions for other surfaces.
n0n
I don't know where I learned this originally, but I have never been able to solve it. (And I don't remeber what its called)

http://n0n.madtracker.net/boxthing.GIF

All you got to do is draw one continuous line threw all the box lines once, I did an example so that you get what I mean. Can you solve it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
See this thread.

aah, see its been discussed before. this puzzle has been around for while, I sappose. Does anyone know if there're other line puzzles that have the same outcome?

this isn't breaking any of the rules, but it's they only way to solve if any solution is possable http://n0n.madtracker.net/box.GIF

n0n said:
aah, see its been discussed before. this puzzle has been around for while, I sappose. Does anyone know if there're other line puzzles that have the same outcome?

this isn't breaking any of the rules, but it's they only way to solve if any solution is possable http://n0n.madtracker.net/box.GIF

This puzzle's been solved about 250 years ago.

And the solution you posted does break a rule : " no going through intersections"

There is no solution on the plane or sphere...but solutions do exist for other surfaces. The torus is one example.

Done it. It was easy. I can't post the pic though, it won't let me. Someone tell me how to and i will show you how its done.

Noticibly F.A.T said:
Done it. It was easy. I can't post the pic though, it won't let me. Someone tell me how to and i will show you how its done.

Are you sure you're not going through a corner ? Or drawing the box on a torus ? It can been proven that this is impossible, so you must be making a mistake, or not following the rules.

To submit a picture, you can make a bmp, gif or jpeg picture (of size < 64x64 pixels), and use the manage attachments option to attach it.

Dang, i missed a side. And i was so proud too! :(

What is the "Box Thing Puzzle"?

The "Box Thing Puzzle" is a logic puzzle that involves arranging a series of boxes in a specific order based on given clues.

How do you solve the "Box Thing Puzzle"?

The "Box Thing Puzzle" can be solved by carefully analyzing the given clues and using deductive reasoning to determine the correct order of the boxes.

Is there a specific strategy for solving the "Box Thing Puzzle"?

While there is no one specific strategy for solving the "Box Thing Puzzle", some common techniques include using a grid or chart to keep track of the given clues and potential box placements, and eliminating possibilities that do not fit with the clues.

Are there different variations of the "Box Thing Puzzle"?

Yes, there are many different variations of the "Box Thing Puzzle" with varying levels of difficulty. Some may involve more boxes or more complex clues.

What skills are required to solve the "Box Thing Puzzle"?

The "Box Thing Puzzle" requires strong logical and analytical skills, as well as the ability to think critically and make deductions based on given information. It may also require patience and persistence to solve more challenging versions of the puzzle.