Kubuntu Internet Connection Issues at University

In summary, there could be various reasons for not being able to connect to the internet on Kubuntu at a university, such as network issues, incorrect settings, or device problems. To check if your device is connected to the university's network, click on the system tray's network icon. If not, try connecting manually with the correct settings. If the issue persists, it could be due to incorrect network settings on your device, and restarting or resetting them may help. Kubuntu supports popular browsers for internet connectivity at the university, and you can also use a VPN, but it may need to be configured to match the university's network. It's best to contact the university's IT department for assistance with VPN setup.
assed
Hello
I use kubuntu on my computer. Until recently I could normally connect the internet in the university, but now it is impossible. It connects to the network but it doenst redirect to the login screen, hence turning impossible to use the internet.
Can someone solve this for me?
Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Your university doesn't have an IT department which you can consult? There are zillion things that can go wrong, you want us to debug them for you from the distance, without knowing literally anything about the network and computer configuration?

1. Why am I unable to connect to the internet on Kubuntu at my university?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to a network problem, incorrect network settings, or a problem with your device. It is best to contact your university's IT department for assistance in troubleshooting the issue.

2. How can I check if my Kubuntu device is connected to the university's internet network?

You can check if your device is connected to the network by clicking on the network icon in the system tray. If you see the university's network listed, it means your device is connected. If not, try to connect to the network manually using the correct network settings provided by your university.

3. I am able to connect to the internet on other devices, but not on my Kubuntu device at university. What could be the problem?

This could indicate a problem with your device's network settings. Make sure that the network settings on your Kubuntu device match the settings provided by your university. You can also try restarting your device or resetting the network settings to see if that resolves the issue.

4. Is there a specific browser that works best with Kubuntu for internet connectivity at university?

No, Kubuntu supports most popular browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera. It is recommended to use the browser that works best for you and is compatible with your university's network.

5. Can I use a virtual private network (VPN) on Kubuntu to connect to the internet at my university?

Yes, you can use a VPN on Kubuntu to connect to the internet at your university. However, you may need to configure the VPN settings to match your university's network. It is best to contact your university's IT department for assistance in setting up a VPN connection.