Need to interview a professional engineer (help)

In summary: Oopsies. vanesch is correct -- left click. :blushing:In summary, the conversation covers topics such as the education and skills needed for engineering, conferences and journals that engineers attend and subscribe to, research that engineers may do, and the amount and types of writing typically done by engineers. The interviewer also asked for some personal information for a thank you letter, but was reminded to use the PM system for any additional contact information.
hajarw3
what kind of education do you have?

what kind of professional and communication skills do engineers need

what kind of conferences do engineers belong to besides APEGGA

what kind of conferences do engineers attend

what kind of professional journals do engineers subscribe to or read

what kind of scholarly journals do engineering students and professors consult for research purposes( try to ensure names of the core/most important journals of the fields. also ensure names of others. at least 5 in total)

what kind of research might engineers do or be expected to do.(does the answer depend on a variety of things, if yes what kind of things)

how much writing and what kind do engineers do

tell me something about your job(if u don’t mind could you tell me any useful information you could give me in terms of a career)

i need your full name, title, position, address, place where you could be reached.(its just because i need to write a thank you letter for all your trouble.

thank you

Engineering news on Phys.org
hajarw3 said:
what kind of education do you have?

what kind of professional and communication skills do engineers need

what kind of conferences do engineers belong to besides APEGGA

what kind of conferences do engineers attend

what kind of professional journals do engineers subscribe to or read

what kind of scholarly journals do engineering students and professors consult for research purposes( try to ensure names of the core/most important journals of the fields. also ensure names of others. at least 5 in total)

what kind of research might engineers do or be expected to do.(does the answer depend on a variety of things, if yes what kind of things)

how much writing and what kind do engineers do

tell me something about your job(if u don’t mind could you tell me any useful information you could give me in terms of a career)

i need your full name, title, position, address, place where you could be reached.(its just because i need to write a thank you letter for all your trouble.

thank you

You may be in the wrong place, if you need all that personal information, in addition to the answers to your interview questions. Do not expect people to give their full name, address, etc. That is not necessary for the interview. If you need more contact information, you can use the PM system to follow up privately.

i don't understand
i only need the full name just so that i could write a thank you letter
i don't really need a address, just a way to contact the engineer.
by the way what is the PM system

hajarw3 said:
i don't understand
i only need the full name just so that i could write a thank you letter
i don't really need a address, just a way to contact the engineer.
by the way what is the PM system

PM is the personal message system. Right-click on a user's name to send a PM.

berkeman said:
PM is the personal message system. Right-click on a user's name to send a PM.

Left-click ?

vanesch said:
Left-click ?

Oopsies. vanesch is correct -- left click. :blushing:

1. What qualifications and experience should a professional engineer have?

A professional engineer should have a Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited university, and preferably a Master's degree as well. They should also have several years of work experience in their field, and be licensed by a state board. Other important qualifications include strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and effective communication abilities.

2. What types of projects can a professional engineer work on?

A professional engineer can work on a wide range of projects in various industries, including construction, transportation, manufacturing, and environmental. They may be involved in the design, development, and maintenance of buildings, roads, bridges, machinery, and more. They may also be responsible for ensuring compliance with regulations and standards.

3. How does a professional engineer stay updated with new technologies and advancements in their field?

Professional engineers are required to complete continuing education courses to maintain their license. This ensures that they stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and advancements in their field. Many engineers also attend conferences, workshops, and seminars to expand their knowledge and skills.

4. What are some challenges that professional engineers face in their work?

Some common challenges that professional engineers may face include tight deadlines, tight budgets, and conflicting priorities. They may also face technical challenges, such as finding solutions to complex problems or dealing with unforeseen issues during a project. Additionally, professional engineers must stay current with changing regulations and codes, and may also face ethical dilemmas in their work.

5. How does a professional engineer approach problem-solving?

A professional engineer typically follows a systematic and analytical approach to problem-solving. They will gather and analyze data, consider various solutions, and evaluate the potential risks and benefits of each option. They may also collaborate with other engineers and experts to find the best solution. Communication, critical thinking, and attention to detail are key skills that a professional engineer utilizes in their problem-solving process.