Question On University & Course

In summary: CNC milling machine? Yes I already know about mini CNC milling machine before such as Sherline, Syil, etc. But I want to know whether there are available any postgraduate course/program that taught how to built a professional CNC machine such as Haas, Mori Seiki, etc. or even a mini CNC milling machine?
optics.tech
Hello everyone,

Can anyone please tell me which university and what postgraduate course/program for learn and built a CNC machine?

Thanks in advance

Huygen

Engineering news on Phys.org
optics.tech said:
Hello everyone,

Can anyone please tell me which university and what postgraduate course/program for learn and built a CNC machine?

Thanks in advance

Huygen

It seems like just about any undergraduate ME program would be able to offer that. What schools are near you? Have you looked at their undergraduate (upper division) courses? There will be some ME labs -- you will be looking at the more advanced lab courses to see what they cover in the way of CNC.

It seems like just about any undergraduate ME program would be able to offer that. What schools are near you? Have you looked at their undergraduate (upper division) courses? There will be some ME labs -- you will be looking at the more advanced lab courses to see what they cover in the way of CNC.

I am seeking university in USA or UK that offers a program on how to build a CNC machine.

optics.tech said:
I am seeking university in USA or UK that offers a program on how to build a CNC machine.

I'm not even sure you need to go to a university to learn that subject. This wiki article has a pretty good background on CNC, and discusses the current status:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNC_machine

Check out the final paragraphs where they are discussing do-it-yourself CNC setups that are PC based.

I'm not even sure you need to go to a university to learn that subject. This wiki article has a pretty good background on CNC, and discusses the current status:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNC_machine

Check out the final paragraphs where they are discussing do-it-yourself CNC setups that are PC based.

Yes I already know about mini CNC milling machine before such as Sherline, Syil, etc. But I want to know whether there are available any postgraduate course/program that taught how to built a professional CNC machine such as Haas, Mori Seiki, etc.

What are the admission requirements for the university?

The admission requirements for a university vary depending on the program and level of study. Generally, students are required to have a high school diploma or equivalent, a certain GPA, and appropriate standardized test scores. Some universities also have additional requirements such as letters of recommendation and personal essays.

How do I choose the right university and course for me?

Choosing the right university and course depends on your personal interests, career goals, and academic strengths. It's important to research the universities and their programs, attend college fairs, and speak with current students or alumni to get a better understanding of the university's culture and academic offerings. Additionally, consider factors such as location, cost, and opportunities for internships or research.

What is the difference between a college and a university?

The main difference between a college and a university is the size and scope of their academic programs. Colleges typically offer undergraduate degrees and focus on a specific field of study, while universities offer undergraduate and graduate degrees in a variety of fields. Universities also tend to have larger campuses and more resources for research and academic support.

Are there scholarships or financial aid available for students?

Yes, most universities offer scholarships and financial aid to students based on academic merit, financial need, or other criteria. It's important to research the specific scholarships and financial aid options available at the universities you are interested in, and to submit all necessary applications and documents by the deadlines.

Can I transfer to a different university or change my course after starting my studies?

Yes, it is possible to transfer to a different university or change your course of study after starting your studies. However, the process and requirements may vary depending on the universities and programs involved. It's important to consult with academic advisors and admissions offices to understand the process and ensure a smooth transition.