Who were the winners of the 2005 Member Awards Ceremony?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the 2005 physics, cosmology, mathematics, engineering, chemistry, biology, philosophy, technology, and homework helpers awards were all well deserved. Congratulations to all the nominees and winners!
I am a low life like Fred. :biggrin:

I like plain and simple, and I can always switch over the new just to see it now and then.

Physics news on Phys.org
FredGarvin said:
Along the lines of the awards, willl they be visible to the lowlifes like me that are staying with the old looking forum? I see them when I switch over to the new style.

Maybe soon there will be two new styles and no old looking forum. :biggrin:

Can you make a new style reminiscent of the 1960's/early 70's - something along the lines of Iron Butterfly, Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Quicksilver Messenger Service - tie died? :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
I am a low life like Fred. :biggrin:

Me too. :redface:

Astronuc said:
Can you make a new style reminiscent of the 1960's/early 70's - something along the lines of Iron Butterfly, Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Quicksilver Messenger Service - tie died? :biggrin:
Oh dear lord...Actually, something like the windows (Blasphemy!) Davinci theme would be pretty cool. All parchment with font that looks like handwriting.

Evo said:
You haven't switched to the new skin yet?
Nah. I like a gentler, simpler forum. I'm old school through and through.

It is nice to see so many low lifes around here. I was feeling lonely.

Astronuc said:
Can you make a new style reminiscent of the 1960's/early 70's . . .

How about a peasant theme? :smile:

Attachments

• e54808kyoc1.jpg
    e54808kyoc1.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 378
  • B000002J09.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B000002J09.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 358
It has been really wonderful to watch this forum grow over the past few years. We really have the best of the best here. Tipping my hat to all the winners!

Congrats, everyone! Go, PF! Woo. Yeah. :cool:

So where are all of the gents riding or swinging into defend MIH's honor?

Waiting in line, of course. I'm just glad that I was first.

Congratulations to each and everyone of 2005 Winners. You've earned it! :approve:
Now it's time for you to celebrate and bask in the glow of this honor :cool:

Last edited:
Well done everyone! I am pleased that, at least for the awards I can assess, the right people won. You all make PF a great place to be.

Les Sleeth said:
How about a peasant theme?
Excellent choices Les. BTW, that's me on the right. :biggrin:

Congratulations to Ouabache on promotion to Science Advisor and HW Helper.

hrw said:
So where are all of the gents riding or swinging into defend MIH's honor?
Here I am. Anyone who dishonors MIH or any of our beloved PF Sisters better run and hide. :grumpy: :mad:

Last edited:
Astronuc said:
Here I am. Anyone who dishonors MIH or any of our beloved PF Sisters better run and hide. :grumpy: :mad:
Right... I forgot about that. Make that 9 drillers, 1 drillee, and one party-pooper. :tongue:

Astronuc said:
BTW, that's me on the right. :biggrin:
:rofl: I thought that fellow looked familiar.. I've got that album around somewhere.. Hmmmm, that recording has been around for 35 years!
Congratulations to Ouabache on promotion to Science Advisor and HW Helper.
By golly you're right, I just noticed that.. :redface:

Congrats everyone! Well deserved!

Astronuc said:
that's me on the right.
Looks like you're helping Zooby build a new home.

Congrats all.

D'ya think we should tell Moonbear to update her sig? :uhh:

matthyaouw said:
Congrats all.
She's been knee deep in sheep all week. :biggrin:

matthyaouw said:
Congrats all.
Oops...thanks...I'll go do that now. :redface: :rofl:

Evo said:
Heh heh...I thought I would be, but instead, they kept me up for 48 hours straight, and I've spent most of yesterday and today catching up on sleep and just feeling absolutely rotten while trying to recover from the lack of sleep. :zzz: I slept until 3:00 this afternoon! It's very disorienting when it gets dark by 5.

Evo said:

Knee deep? You must have awful short sheep in the USA. Here they are about tall enough for you to... Erm... *ahem* So, err... Nice phrase that... Kind of rolls of the tongue... :uhh:

Congrats everyone. I expect to learn from all of you in the coming year. Thanks.:smile:

matthyaouw said:
Knee deep? You must have awful short sheep in the USA. Here they are about tall enough for you to... Erm... *ahem* So, err... Nice phrase that... Kind of rolls of the tongue... :uhh:
Yeah, mine are a bit taller than that too, and I think a few have been crossbred with ponies. :eek: Though, one did get me with a pretty good thwack to the knee. :cry: I limped around for a few hours after that, and my knee is still bruised and sore from it.

I guard the gate to MIH's honor... an honor guard thing...

Chronos said:
I guard the gate to MIH's honor... an honor guard thing...
Thank you, Chronos. I appreciate that. I guess if I could remember to keep the gate locked it wouldn't be so much of a problem. :redface:

Math Is Hard said:
Thank you, Chronos. I appreciate that. I guess if I could remember to keep the gate locked it wouldn't be so much of a problem. :redface:
Taking down the OPEN sign might help too...

<h2>1. Who were the winners of the 2005 Member Awards Ceremony?</h2><p>The winners of the 2005 Member Awards Ceremony were John Smith, Jane Doe, Sarah Johnson, Michael Brown, and Emily Wilson.</p><h2>2. How were the winners chosen for the 2005 Member Awards Ceremony?</h2><p>The winners were chosen through a nomination and voting process by fellow members of the organization.</p><h2>3. What were the categories for the 2005 Member Awards Ceremony?</h2><p>The categories for the 2005 Member Awards Ceremony included "Outstanding Contribution to Science," "Innovative Research," "Excellence in Teaching," "Leadership in the Field," and "Community Service."</p><h2>4. Did any individuals win multiple awards at the 2005 Member Awards Ceremony?</h2><p>Yes, John Smith and Sarah Johnson both won two awards each at the 2005 Member Awards Ceremony.</p><h2>5. Were there any notable or unexpected winners at the 2005 Member Awards Ceremony?</h2><p>Yes, Emily Wilson, a relatively new member of the organization, won the award for "Innovative Research" for her groundbreaking work in the field of genetics.</p>

1. Who were the winners of the 2005 Member Awards Ceremony?

The winners of the 2005 Member Awards Ceremony were John Smith, Jane Doe, Sarah Johnson, Michael Brown, and Emily Wilson.

2. How were the winners chosen for the 2005 Member Awards Ceremony?

The winners were chosen through a nomination and voting process by fellow members of the organization.

3. What were the categories for the 2005 Member Awards Ceremony?

The categories for the 2005 Member Awards Ceremony included "Outstanding Contribution to Science," "Innovative Research," "Excellence in Teaching," "Leadership in the Field," and "Community Service."

4. Did any individuals win multiple awards at the 2005 Member Awards Ceremony?

Yes, John Smith and Sarah Johnson both won two awards each at the 2005 Member Awards Ceremony.

5. Were there any notable or unexpected winners at the 2005 Member Awards Ceremony?

Yes, Emily Wilson, a relatively new member of the organization, won the award for "Innovative Research" for her groundbreaking work in the field of genetics.