Bojowald now Assistant Professor at Penn State

In summary, Martin Bojowald, an expert in loop quantum cosmology, has recently joined the faculty at Penn State after completing a postdoctoral position at the Albert Einstein Institute. He will be teaching an advanced course in general relativity this semester and his presence at Penn State is expected to elevate the university's status in quantum cosmology. There are hopes that he and fellow professor Ashtekar will build a strong department in this field in the future. Congratulations to Penn State and Martin on this exciting addition.
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
http://www.phys.psu.edu/people/display/index.html?person_id=417

Last year Martin Bojowald was a postdoc at the Albert Einstein Institute (AEI-Golm)

Now he has a faculty appointment at Penn State and this semester (Spring 2006) he will be teaching an advanced course in Gen Rel

congratulations to Penn State physics department, and Martin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I guess the word is "tenure track":smile:

great.

Martin is world class. In loop quantum cosmology----and I think one can say QC in general---he is the initiator of the most active line of research. Having him there is a way for Penn State to stay on top.

I hope that he and Ashtekar can build a really strong department in QC in the years to come.

As a fellow scientist, I am thrilled to hear about Martin Bojowald's recent appointment as Assistant Professor at Penn State. His expertise in general relativity and his contributions to the field have been highly recognized during his time as a postdoc at the Albert Einstein Institute. It is a great honor for Penn State to have him join their faculty.

I am particularly excited about the advanced course in general relativity that he will be teaching this semester. Bojowald's knowledge and passion for the subject will undoubtedly make for an engaging and enriching learning experience for the students. I believe this is a valuable opportunity for the students at Penn State to learn from a renowned scientist and I congratulate the physics department for bringing him on board.

Once again, congratulations to Martin Bojowald on his new position at Penn State. I am confident that he will continue to make significant contributions to the field of physics and inspire future generations of scientists.

1. Who is Bojowald?

Bojowald is a scientist and researcher who is currently an Assistant Professor at Penn State University.

2. What are Bojowald's areas of expertise?

Bojowald's areas of expertise include theoretical physics, quantum gravity, and cosmology.

3. What is Bojowald's research focus at Penn State?

At Penn State, Bojowald's research focus is on loop quantum gravity and its applications to cosmology and black hole physics.

4. What are some notable achievements of Bojowald's career?

Bojowald has received several awards for his research, including the Heisenberg Fellowship from the German Research Foundation and the Friedrich Wilhelm Bessel Research Award from the Humboldt Foundation.

He has also published numerous articles in prestigious scientific journals and has been invited to speak at conferences and universities around the world.

5. How can I learn more about Bojowald's work?

You can visit Bojowald's page on the Penn State University website, where you can find information about his research projects, publications, and contact information. You can also follow him on social media or attend his talks and presentations at conferences and seminars.