I need something to waste time on,

• Thread starter Blahness
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, the conversation discusses various ideas for activities related to physics, including building a trebuchet, learning Morse code, reading physics-related books, and building a robot. The participants also mention learning about Fermat's last theorem and recommend reading Wilbur Smith novels. They also suggest getting a job as a way to learn more about physics.
Blahness
and not video games.

I'm thinking something like a rocket launch, but Arizona's not the best place for one of those.

Something physics-related, where I have to work out long and complex equations, any ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org
Try and figure out Fermat's last theorem. It might take you awhile.

<_< What was his first one?

Does it require anything beyond Algebra? I'm currently being (school)taught that(College algebra), and I have little Geometry, trig, or calc.

Maybe I should learn Trig n Calc on my own. Any ideas where to start?

A couple things I've always wanted to do:

Make a Trebuchet (sp?) - its those big catapult/slings
Make a potato gun.

I made a couple of trebuchets. always a good waste of time.
I have one in my closet right now, it's disassembled though because it tried to rip my nose off.

Learn Morse Code.

..- .- .. -- . . --. ..

hahaha morse code on! what about reading physics related books to get you inspired for university or your future?
also if your down for reading may i reccomend wilbur smith novels
brilliance

tribdog said:
..- .- .. -- . . --. ..
UAIMEEGI? :rolleyes:

z-component said:
UAIMEEGI? :rolleyes:
. ...- --- ... ... --- -

Build a robot.

Serious.

Well, if one is learning something, then time is not wasted.

I learned morse code

I agree with catapult, build a tribdog.

Get a job.

hahah best one yet

1. What are some fun activities I can do to waste time on?

There are countless fun activities you can do to waste time on, such as watching movies or TV shows, playing video games, reading books, trying out new recipes, or learning a new hobby.

2. Is wasting time detrimental to my productivity?

It depends on how you define "wasting time." Taking breaks and engaging in leisure activities can actually improve your overall productivity by allowing your mind and body to rest and recharge.

3. How much time should I spend on activities that are considered a waste of time?

Again, it depends on your definition of "wasting time." It is important to find a balance between work and leisure activities. It's okay to spend some time on things that may not be considered productive as long as it doesn't interfere with your responsibilities.

4. Can wasting time be beneficial for my mental health?

Yes, engaging in activities that bring you joy and relaxation can have a positive impact on your mental health. It can reduce stress, improve mood, and increase overall happiness.

5. Are there any downsides to constantly needing to waste time?

It depends on the individual and their specific circumstances. If it becomes a habit that interferes with responsibilities or relationships, it could have negative consequences. It's important to find a balance and prioritize important tasks before engaging in leisure activities.