Unraveling the Mystery of 5 Orange Blobs on Forum Posts

• Thread starter quantumcarl
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the orange "blobs" that appear on top of posts in the forum. These blobs are warning indicators and only the person who has them can see them. Other members can only see their own blobs. The conversation also mentions a TV show called "The Prisoner" where the main character is constantly foiled by similar blobs. One member wonders if these blobs are a form of censorship, but it is clarified that they are just warning indicators. The conversation ends with a lighthearted exchange about the forum's design and a reference to a character named Jägermonster.
quantumcarl
5 Orange blobs on my posts??

I have 5 orange blobs that show up at the top of my posts. Are these associated with warnings, somthing else or just halucinations?

Thank you, carl.

Otherwise, the new look of the Forum is great! It matches my operating system's interface. Whoever designed it vas tinking schmart yah?!

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, the orange "blobs" are the warning indicator. It's like a fuel gauge where you only have to worry if they start turning to darker orange blobs.

The Blobs

Moonbear said:
Yes, the orange "blobs" are the warning indicator. It's like a fuel gauge where you only have to worry if they start turning to darker orange blobs.

Thank you Moonbear.

I notice that no one else has the blobs. I don't recall being particularly bad on this forum, does anyone or everyone else have these indicators?

I can't see your blobs, and you can't see mine.

Last edited:
arildno said:

Perhaps we can all get together and reveal our blobs... or not!

The blobs remind me of a series of episodes out of England called
"The Prisoner". Patrick McGoohan plays a secret agent who ends up being sequestered from the secret agent community on an island that is a prison. He's never sure if he's been captured by the enemy or by his own people. The issue is never resolved in the show.

One of the last resorts of the prison is to use these blobs that always catch McGoohan just when you think he's going to escape. It was a very frustrating show. It came out around the time of Danger Man (with Patrick McGoohan), Man From Uncle (American equivalent) and The Avengers (Emma Peal!).

Here's a comprehensive look at the show:

http://www.bookmice.net/darkchilde/prisoner.html

arildno said:
Blobs, hehe.

quantumcarl said:
Emma Peal!
Wayne's World said:
Sheeeeww-innggg!
Evo said:
Blobs, hehe.
Ten charac

quantumcarl said:
Thank you Moonbear.

I notice that no one else has the blobs. I don't recall being particularly bad on this forum, does anyone or everyone else have these indicators?
Your blobs are still "unlit." You're okay. You can only see your own blobs. (Yes, it's kind of funny calling them blobs :rofl:)

Evo said:
Blobs, hehe.
I swear: it was an utterly chaste comment of mine.
Besides, it is true.

Sometimes I come across someone who's orange blobs are exposed. Apart from averting my eyes, I wonder what this means. Also their posts are said to be not applicable.

fi said:
Sometimes I come across someone who's orange blobs are exposed. Apart from averting my eyes, I wonder what this means. Also their posts are said to be not applicable.
I'm going to point Greg to this post, because I don't know why you're seeing other people's "blobs." The mentors can see everyone's blobs, so I can't tell if some suddenly are appearing to other members that shouldn't.

I've checked again, it is those names that appear in finer print, and the blobs are only exposed when looking at them off-line.

Whoever designed it vas tinking schmart yah?!
Jägermonster?

Is she a secret agent?:tongue:

What are these 5 orange blobs on my posts?

The 5 orange blobs on your posts are most likely notifications or indicators of some sort. They could represent likes, comments, shares, or other types of engagement on your posts.

How do I get rid of the 5 orange blobs on my posts?

The 5 orange blobs on your posts will disappear once you have acknowledged or addressed the notifications. For example, if they represent unread comments, they will disappear once you have read the comments.

Why do I have 5 orange blobs on some posts but not others?

The number of orange blobs on your posts may vary depending on the level of engagement each post has received. Some posts may have more likes or comments, resulting in more orange blobs, while others may have fewer.

Can I change the color of the 5 orange blobs on my posts?

In most cases, the color of the orange blobs cannot be changed as it is a default color chosen by the platform. However, some platforms may offer customization options for notifications and indicators.

Do the 5 orange blobs on my posts have any significance?

The 5 orange blobs are simply indicators of activity on your posts and do not hold any special significance. They are meant to help you keep track of engagement and notifications on your posts.