I don't believe in ghosts, but I saw one

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ghosts
In summary, the person woke up at 3am to see someone standing next to their bed. They walk into the bathroom and disappear. They believe it may have been their room mate, but they know it couldn't have been because they killed him a couple of weeks ago.
tribdog
I woke up at about 3am the other night and went to the kitchen to get a drink. As I walked back into my room I saw someone standing next to my bed. They walked into the bathroom and disappeared. I only saw it out of the corner of my eye and I was half asleep, but it scared me anyway.

Physics news on Phys.org
It's scary, but not as scary as walking back and finding a real person, I guess.

Did you recognize the person?

It sort of looked like my room mate, but I know it couldn't have been him because I killed him a couple of weeks ago.

tribdog said:
It sort of looked like my room mate, but I know it couldn't have been him because I killed him a couple of weeks ago.

haha champagne comedy there tribdog (I hope)

tribdog said:
Well, one interpretation is he is upset.

tribdog said:

:eek:

:rofl:

EnumaElish said:
It's scary, but not as scary as walking back and finding a real person, I guess.

Depends who the real person is and how naked they are.

tribdog said:

For a minute there, I thought you saw Faye Dunaway!

Zz.

Every once in a while, I'll be half asleep, and I feel someone is touching me. It never turns out to be Angelina Jolie, though.

Kurdt said:
Depends who the real person is and how naked they are.

Sue Johansen?

Would it be scary or informative? Or both?

tribdog said:

And this right here should be a clear indicator to PF staff, that the OP has nothing productive to offer in this topic, i say close this thread.

vincentm said:
And this right here should be a clear indicator to PF staff, that the OP has nothing productive to offer in this topic, i say close this thread.

You're forgetting that this is in GD

moose said:
You're forgetting that this is in GD
He's forgetting it's tribdog, someone known for melting plastic soda bottles to living room carpet.

Evo said:
He's forgetting it's tribdog, someone known for melting plastic soda bottles to living room carpet.
With a MAP torch, no less.

vincentm said:

It's a good thing you're here to tell the staff what to do.

Could I get Jessica Alaba to haunt my house? I realize that Angelina Jolie is very busy and may be pressed for time...

turbo-1 said:
I realize that Angelina Jolie is very busy and may be pressed for time...

The lips… the enormous, ghostly lips… just floating in the darkness…

TELL YOUR FERRET TO STOP STARING AT ME!

CaptainQuasar said:
TELL YOUR FERRET TO STOP STARING AT ME!

He knows what you're thinking...
He knows where you live...
He's got pointy teeth and is lightning-fast...

Sleep well tonight. :devil:

1. How can you explain seeing a ghost if you don't believe in them?

As a scientist, I must rely on evidence and data to form my beliefs. While I may not believe in ghosts based on current scientific understanding, I am open to considering new evidence or alternative explanations for what may appear to be a ghostly encounter.

2. What do you think you actually saw if it wasn't a ghost?

There are many potential explanations for what may have been seen, such as optical illusions, misinterpretation of natural phenomena, or even psychological factors. It is also possible that the experience was simply a figment of the imagination.

3. Can science prove or disprove the existence of ghosts?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence that definitively proves or disproves the existence of ghosts. As a scientist, I am open to considering new evidence and theories, but it is ultimately up to individuals to determine their beliefs based on personal experiences and interpretations.

4. Have you ever had a personal experience with a ghost?

As a scientist, I must remain objective and separate personal experiences from scientific research and evidence. Therefore, I cannot rely on personal experiences as evidence for or against the existence of ghosts.

5. What advice do you have for someone who believes they saw a ghost?

I would encourage them to explore alternative explanations and consider the limitations of human perception and memory. It may also be helpful to speak with a trusted friend or professional to process the experience and determine its significance. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to determine their beliefs and interpretations of the experience.