Quick Solidworks Question: Can I Exaggerate Scale of an Axis?

• Thread starter seang
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Solidworks
In summary, the conversation is about the possibility of exaggerating the scale of one of the axes in solidworks to show more detail in the z direction. The person asking the question is unsure if this is possible, but the other person confirms that it is possible and suggests using the scale feature in solidworks. Help can be used to search for this feature.
seang
Hi, I just have a quick solidworks question.

Is it possible to exaggerate the scale of one of the axes? I have a structure that is about 5mm x 5mm in the xy plane, but has only a maximum height of about 10um in the z direction. I'd like to show more detail in the z direction by 'exaggerating' the z scale. Is this possible?

thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
I don't know about solid works, but I remember that scaling is possible in any or all axes in NX5. I guess it should be there in scale option in solidworks too

yes - there is a scale feature in solidworks, and it can be 1 to 1 in one dimension and different in others - build the features to true scale first, the apply the scale.

- use help to search for scale

What is the purpose of exaggerating the scale of an axis in Solidworks?

Exaggerating the scale of an axis in Solidworks can be useful for emphasizing certain aspects of a design or for visualizing specific data points.

Can I exaggerate the scale of multiple axes in Solidworks?

Yes, you can exaggerate the scale of multiple axes in Solidworks. This can be done by selecting multiple axes and adjusting their scale accordingly.

Will exaggerating the scale of an axis affect the accuracy of my design?

Exaggerating the scale of an axis in Solidworks does not affect the accuracy of your design. It is purely a visual representation and does not change the underlying dimensions of your model.

How do I exaggerate the scale of an axis in Solidworks?

To exaggerate the scale of an axis in Solidworks, go to the "Scale" option in the "Axis" tab and adjust the percentage value to the desired scale. You can also use the "Scale" feature in the "Transform" tab to adjust the scale of an axis.

Is it possible to change the exaggeration scale of an axis after it has been applied?

Yes, it is possible to change the exaggeration scale of an axis after it has been applied in Solidworks. Simply select the axis and adjust the scale percentage as desired.