Hi,how can make a poll in a thread?I see the 'post a poll'

• Thread starter kexue
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Poll
In summary, a poll is a way to gather opinions or information from a group of people and it can be useful for making decisions, conducting surveys, or simply getting a sense of popular opinions. Making a poll in a thread allows you to easily collect responses from others who are already engaged in the conversation. To make a poll in a thread, click on the "Post a Poll" option when creating a new thread or editing an existing one. You can also add images or videos to your poll for a more visually appealing and engaging experience. The maximum number of options for a poll is 10, but it's recommended to keep it between 2-5 for easier decision-making and analysis. You can also view the usernames of those who have
kexue
Hi,

how can make a poll in a thread?

I see the 'post a poll' box, but how does it work?

thanks

Physics news on Phys.org

Was there really a need to post this in two forums?

Tick the box and enter how many options you want.

What is a poll and why would I want to make one in a thread?

A poll is a way to gather opinions or information from a group of people. It can be useful for making decisions, conducting surveys, or simply getting a sense of popular opinions. Making a poll in a thread allows you to easily collect responses from others who are already engaged in the conversation.

How do I make a poll in a thread?

To make a poll in a thread, click on the "Post a Poll" option when creating a new thread or editing an existing one. From there, you can add your poll question and multiple answer options. You can also set the number of allowed responses per person and the duration of the poll.

Can I add images or videos to my poll?

Yes, you can add images or videos to your poll by using the "Insert Media" button while creating or editing the poll. This can help make your poll more visually appealing and engaging.

How many options can I include in my poll?

You can include up to 10 options in your poll. However, it's recommended to keep the number of options between 2-5 to make it easier for people to choose and for you to analyze the results.

Can I see who has voted in my poll?

Yes, you can see the usernames of those who have voted in your poll by clicking on the "View Results" button. You can also see the total number of votes for each option and the percentage of votes it received.