On a scale of 1-100 how bad is my graphics card?

In summary, the mobile Intel R4 series chipset family is a better option than the other graphics cards you listed, but it lags in performance against more powerful laptops. If you are only looking to use it for games, then a laptop is a better option.
brandy
1 being the worst you can buy right now, 100 the best you can buy right now

i got a mobile intel R 4 series express chipset family
with a booster: nvidia geforce G210M cuda 512Mb

i think that's right. >.> could be wrong though :s
the dxdiag window thing just says the mobile intel r 4 stuff but on my computer the sticker says it has a booster and then there's this sticker with nvidia schtuffle on it.

also, how does it compare with a shader 2.0 graphic card/GeForce Go 6200 / Radeon mobile 9600
(1-100)
any help you can offer me would be AMAZING!
ANYTHING AT ALL

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
The scale thing is subjective to what you use your PC for. But yes, your graphics card is quite old in the world of performance pc's.

Against the other graphics cards you listed, it would perform better.

Like what was said above, it depends on the rest of your computer. If you put a GeForce 210 with an i7, it should be obvious where the bottleneck is going to be. I have one with a P4 and it makes the integrated gpu look like it was made in the stone age.

thanks! for the info.
ideally id like to use it for games. but. I am just going to have to go buy another computer by the looks of it. sigh.
haha, i tried playing bioshock on it. bahahahaha. epic lag. same with stalker and all the other games i bought. before i knew anything at all about computers. I am pretty cool like that.

Yea, mobile graphics cards don't have much when it comes to power. I recommend instead of getting another, more powerful, laptop; build yourself a desktop. You'll be able to get much more power into it for a laptop of the same price, and its cheaper than buying from a store.

... and easier to upgrade to get more (reasonably modern) life out of it. (That is, if you get a good mobo.)

1. What is the scale used to rate graphics cards?

The scale used to rate graphics cards is typically based on a score of 1-100, with 1 being the lowest and 100 being the highest.

2. How do I determine the score of my graphics card?

To determine the score of your graphics card, you can use benchmarking software such as 3DMark or Unigine Heaven, which will provide you with a score based on your card's performance in various graphics-intensive tasks.

3. Is a higher score always better?

In general, a higher score on the 1-100 scale indicates a better performing graphics card. However, it's important to also consider other factors such as the specific tasks and games you will be using your card for, as well as your budget.

4. What is considered a "good" score for a graphics card?

A "good" score for a graphics card will vary depending on your specific needs and budget. However, a score of 60 or higher on the 1-100 scale is generally considered to be a good performance level.

5. Can a low score on the 1-100 scale indicate a problem with my graphics card?

Yes, a low score on the 1-100 scale can indicate a problem with your graphics card. It could be due to outdated drivers, overheating, or other issues. It's recommended to troubleshoot and address any issues in order to improve your graphics card's performance.