Must-Read Books: Share Your Favorites and Start a Discussion!

In summary, the conversation revolves around finding a thread for must-read books that covers various subjects, rather than one specific topic. The individual is looking for book recommendations and is directed towards a thread that includes a variety of books, not just physics-related ones. They express gratitude for the suggestion and mention that they appreciate the variety of books in the thread.
Avichal
Is there a thread for must-read books where people share some of the best books they have read? If not, can you start one?
I like reading and I'm sure I'll get some great book recommendations here.

Physics news on Phys.org
I am not looking for books in a particular subject. All the threads I saw were for a particular subject - physics, math etc.
The link you provided also deals mainly with physics books. Any generic book thread?

Avichal said:
I am not looking for books in a particular subject. All the threads I saw were for a particular subject - physics, math etc.
The link you provided also deals mainly with physics books. Any generic book thread?
"What are you currently reading?"

Last edited:
Nice one - couldn't find it as it had no book in its name. Anyways thank you, lots of good books there.

Avichal said:
Nice one - couldn't find it as it had no book in its name. Anyways thank you, lots of good books there.
Yeah, I like that thread.

What is the purpose of "Must-Read Books: Share Your Favorites and Start a Discussion!"?

The purpose of this discussion is to share and discuss books that are considered must-reads by individuals in the scientific community. It is a way for scientists to exchange ideas and recommendations for books that have had a significant impact on their research or understanding of their field.

How do I participate in this discussion?

To participate, simply share your favorite must-read book and explain why you believe it is important in the scientific community. You can also respond to other participants and engage in further discussion about their book recommendations.

Are there any guidelines for the books that can be shared?

There are no strict guidelines for the books that can be shared, as different books may have different levels of impact on different individuals. However, it is recommended to share books that have a significant impact on the scientific community and have stood the test of time.

Can I share books from any scientific field?

Yes, you can share books from any scientific field, as long as they are considered must-reads by the scientific community. This can include books from biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, psychology, and more.

What is the benefit of participating in this discussion?

Participating in this discussion can expand your knowledge and understanding of different scientific fields. It can also introduce you to new books that you may not have heard of before and provide valuable insights and perspectives from other scientists.