Determine Frequency/Amplitude from v=50sin(5000t) - Can Help

• Thread starter celect
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Frequency
In summary, converting between a hexadecimal value and frequency requires more information such as a reference clock frequency and a conversion formula. The formula for converting hexadecimal to decimal is h * 16^n where h is the hex digit and n increases from 0 on the right.
celect
If I'm given v=50 sin(5000t)
how do I determine the frequency or amplitude?

Can someone direct me to a source?
thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
Then

do I take the sin of 50 then times that by 1/5000t?

just match your equation against what's in the link.
amplitude value precedes "sin(...)"

hint: phita (phase angle) is zero in your case

50 is your amplitude
5000 is your radian frequency in rad/sec

[itex]Vs = A*sin({\omega}t + {\phi})+C[/itex]

this formula states Vs =

Using the information I'm given

50 * sin(wt + 0) + C

is that the sin of 5000t
I'm confused on this I never used this type of equation before.

Compare your equation

[tex]V = 50*sin(5000t)[/tex]

with

[tex]Vs = A*sin({\omega}t + {\phi})+C[/tex]

You can see that [tex]A[/tex] is 50 and [tex]\omega[/tex] is 5000. [tex]\Phi[/tex] and [tex]C[/tex] are zero.

As shown in my definition, [tex]A[/tex] is the amplitude and [tex]\omega[/tex] is equal to [tex]2{\pi}f[/tex]

So you can therefore determine the amplitude value and with a little calculation the frequency as well.

I’m really struggling here, if A = 50 and wt = 5000

If I want to know freq should I take the sin of 50(0.7666) and then multiply that by 5000

I have 10 problems I need to lean how to use this equation.

Sine is really important and something you should know well. If you have a graphing calculator, I would suggest plotting a bunch of [tex]A\sin(\omega t+\phi)+C[/tex] equations to see how the graph changes as the parameters change.

Sine itself can never get bigger than 1, and the things inside the sin can never change the height of the graph. [tex]\omega[/tex] and [tex]\phi[/tex], which go inside sin, only change the spacing and position with respect to the t axis. [tex]\omega[/tex] is the frequency, or how frequently the curve goes from top to bottom. [tex]\phi[/tex] just shifts it left and right on the time axis.

Since things inside sin don't change the height, that means only A and C can affect the position on the y axis. Since plain sin has a maximum value of 1, the maximum of A*sin will be whatver A is. Then if you add a C term, that just shifts the whole thing up or down on the y axis.

The frequency is [tex]\omega[/tex] itself, and the amplitude is A itself. There's no need to take the sin of anything or multimply anything. You're just identifying parameters in the equation.

So my freq = 5000Hz
and my Amplitude = 50V.

as LeBrad and Delta said in your equation [tex]Vs = A*sin({\omega}t })[/tex] A=50 and [tex]\omega[/tex]= 5000 ..
Maybe you are confused between Evaluating the equation and identifying the parameters ..
to evaluate the equation ,plug in T=0 or any value for t
So my freq = 5000Hz
no [tex]\omega[/tex]= 2Pi f
so your frequency in Hz 5000/2Pi

So are you stating I should have as an answer 5000/2 pi
the freq = 2500 pi Hz

celect said:
So are you stating I should have as an answer 5000/2 pi
the freq = 2500 pi Hz
no i mean you should get 2500/pi Hz
approx 795 Hz..

Ok, I'm checking myself with text that has answers in back for just odd numbers.
the only answer they give is 2500/pi Hz
but the true answer is to go another step and divide the 2500 by pi.
ok
thanks.

Sir

I want to know the frequency of the sound using the hexadecimal value of sound.can u please tell me the formula for that.

123456 said:
Sir

I want to know the frequency of the sound using the hexadecimal value of sound.can u please tell me the formula for that.

Why would you want to convert the decimal frequency of sound into a hex number? What is the context of your question? Do you maybe mean convert between Hz (cycles per second) and Radians per second?

Hexadecimal is just base-16 using digits
0123456789abcdef
corresponding to decimal values 0-16.
Use a conversion calculator to get the decimal value,
or calculate it digit by digit as the sum of h * 16^n where
h is your hex digit in that place, and n increases from 0
on the right up to however many total hex digits you have.

As to the frequency that corresponds, that cannot be said
using only the information you've provided since generally
a hexadecimal number will correspond to some divisor value relative to some reference clock frequency that is
specific to a given digital system...

xez said:
Hexadecimal is just base-16 using digits
0123456789abcdef
corresponding to decimal values 0-16.

Small typo -- 0x0 to 0xF corresponds to decimal 0-15. :biggrin:

1. What is the frequency of the given function?

The frequency of the given function is 5000 Hz, as indicated by the coefficient in front of the "t" in the argument of the sine function.

2. How do you determine the amplitude from the given function?

The amplitude of the given function is 50, as indicated by the coefficient in front of the sine function.

3. Can you explain what the "v" represents in the function?

The "v" in the given function represents the velocity, which is a measure of how fast the function is changing at a given point in time.

4. How does the frequency of the function affect its graph?

The frequency of the function determines the number of cycles it completes in a given unit of time. A higher frequency will result in a graph with more closely spaced cycles, while a lower frequency will result in a graph with more widely spaced cycles.

5. Is there a way to calculate the period of the function from the given information?

Yes, the period of the function can be calculated by taking the reciprocal of the frequency. In this case, the period would be 1/5000 seconds or 0.0002 seconds.