Solved PDE problems / website?

• Thread starter jbusc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pde
In summary, the student is currently taking a class on PDE's and is in need of more sample problems, specifically on Fourier series and the d'Alembert method. They are using the book "Advanced Engineering Mathematics" by Kreyszig and are looking for websites or other resources that may have solved examples. A suggestion is made to check out Equation World and Schaum's outline books for PDEs and Fourier analysis & BVPs.
jbusc
Hi, I am currently taking a class which is now covering PDE's and I think I need more sample or example problems that are already solved, particularly on Fourier series solution, d'Alembert method, etc.

The book I'm using is Kreyszig, Advanced Engineering Mathematics, 9th edition.

Are there any websites, for example, that have some example problems in PDE's that I can look at?

Physics news on Phys.org
There are Schaum's outline books for both PDEs and Fourier analysis & BVPs. Some hate those books, others find them useful. They're full of examples and sample problems.

1. What is the purpose of the "Solved PDE problems" website?

The "Solved PDE problems" website is a platform that offers a collection of solved partial differential equation (PDE) problems. It is designed to help students, researchers, and professionals in the field of mathematics and science to practice and improve their problem-solving skills in PDEs.

2. How can I use the website to solve PDE problems?

To use the website, simply browse through the collection of solved PDE problems and select the one that you want to solve. The problem will be presented with its solution in a step-by-step format, allowing you to understand the solution process and apply it to similar problems.

3. Is the website suitable for all levels of PDE problem-solving?

Yes, the "Solved PDE problems" website is suitable for all levels of PDE problem-solving. The collection includes problems of varying difficulty, from basic to advanced, so it can cater to the needs of both beginners and experts.

4. Can I contribute my own solved PDE problems to the website?

Yes, the website welcomes contributions from users. If you have solved a PDE problem and would like to share it with others, you can submit it to the website. All contributions will be reviewed by the website team before being published.

5. Is the website free to use?

Yes, the "Solved PDE problems" website is completely free to use. You do not need to pay any fees or create an account to access the solved problems. However, if you would like to contribute your own solved problems, you will need to create a free account.