Thanks for all your help guys (MCAT)

• Thread starter lollol
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker shares that they asked "stupid" questions on a forum and received helpful guidance. They recently received their MCAT scores and scored a 14 out of 15 in the Physical Sciences section, placing them in the 98.2-99.6 percentile. They thank the forum members for their help and encouragement, and are advised to become a PF Homework Helper. The speaker is also encouraged to continue sharing their knowledge and to join the med sciences forum in the future.
lollol
I asked some "stupid" questions on here...

people had to hold my hand and guide me through each question I asked. Everyone was nice about it.

Well I got my MCAT scores a month ago.. and I made a:

14 on the Physical Sciences section of the test (out of 15)

That's a 98.2-99.6%

You guys helped me a lot with Circuits and the like. The real deal had its fair share of circuits. You guys really know your stuff and will really impact the world with a bang.. the discussion on here is simply mind boggling.

Thank you very much guys.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Wow, congratulations lollol! You did fantastic!

Congrats! If you did as well on the other sections, you'll be having a tough time deciding which med school to attend when you get your acceptances. :biggrin:

Which is why we have the Academic and Career Guidance Forum :biggrin:

Congratulations!
Make sure that you stick around and pass on your knowledge to others.

Yes, become a PF Homework Helper. :approve:

lollol said:
I made a: 14 on the Physical Sciences section of the test (out of 15)

That's a 98.2-99.6%

Congrats lollol, great stuff. I did get a chuckle out of how you worded it, though. I think you meant to say that 14/15 put you in the 98.2-99.6 percentile.

Ahem, its customary to tip around here sir... (holds out hand).

Excellent result. Well done.

Tom Mattson said:
Yes, become a PF Homework Helper. :approve:

Absolutely...and once you're in med school, be sure to hang out in the med sciences forum and recruit all your med school friends to hang out there too. :biggrin:

1. What does MCAT stand for?

MCAT stands for Medical College Admission Test. It is a standardized test used for admission to medical schools in the United States, Canada, Australia, and Caribbean Islands.

2. How many sections are included in the MCAT?

The MCAT consists of four sections: Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems, Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems, Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior, and Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills.

3. How long is the MCAT?

The total testing time for the MCAT is 7 hours and 30 minutes, including breaks. Each section is 95 minutes long and there are a total of 230 questions.

4. What is a good score on the MCAT?

The highest possible score on the MCAT is 528, with a score of 500 being approximately the 50th percentile. Medical schools have different score requirements, but a score of 515 or above is generally considered competitive.

5. How should I prepare for the MCAT?

Preparation for the MCAT should begin months in advance. It is recommended to use a combination of review books, practice questions, and full-length practice tests. It is also important to have a study schedule and to consistently review and practice material.