What is the truth behind our reality?

• Thread starter jreelawg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Reality
In summary: The author is saying that reality is not as good as our dreams, but it is better than our false reality. Reality is harsh and it is difficult to know the truth, but it is better than our false reality. The false reality is where we are living in, where we are comfortable and where we are happy. The author is saying that our dreams are better than our reality, but our reality is better than our dreams.
jreelawg
"The truth is absent in class; Reality is absent minded. And you would have to be a grand idiot to not realize it too. You saw the magic show. It coaxed you away with riddles and illusions; Compliments to say how smart you were. It should be obvious how stupid you are, yet you favor your false reality too much because you are a king in it. Who am I to wake you from a dream? I know I prefer my dreams to my reality. My reality is a nightmare because I attempted to know it's truth. It isn't worth waking up, so perhaps you are not so stupid as I had thought."

by William Terrance

Came across this passage, and seamed to provoke a lot of thought.

What do you think the author meant?

Physics news on Phys.org
I think he is crying out for help. He probably just needs a good friend.

I believe what the author is referring to is how many people choose to lie to themselves. People who do not question their own actions. He is talking about the people who know that their actions are wrong whether it is concerning morals, logic, prejudice, addiction, what have you, yet they do nothing to correct these problems. They make excuses and deny responsibility for their own actions because confronting these issues would place them outside of their comfort zone. He is saying that he sees no benefit in lying to himself or being set in his own ways as long as he knows the truth. The saying "Ignorance is bliss" pretty much sums it up...

I sit alone to think. Suddenly a feeling of dread washes over me. My subconscious has let down it's guard.

In an epiphany the world feels fake. Items I once held turn to dust in my hands. I'm transported into emptiness, cold and sterile.

In a dreamworld is where my life is. Hopes and fear. All the things which make me human. Where happiness exists.

Floating along in a cozy bubble. The brain has made a calculated decision. Subconsciously strategic.

Somewhere in between stupid smart, and smart stupid.

Close enough that humor can bridge the gap.

Last edited:

The author seems to be suggesting that our perception of reality is often distorted and influenced by our own desires and illusions. They also imply that seeking the truth about reality can be a daunting and potentially dangerous task. The use of language such as "magic show" and "illusions" suggests that the author believes our reality is not as it seems and is constructed by external forces. The mention of being a "king" in our own reality could also indicate a sense of arrogance and self-importance in our perception of reality. Overall, the author's perspective on reality seems to be one of skepticism and caution.

1. What is "Absent Minded Reality"?

"Absent Minded Reality" refers to a state of mind where an individual is not fully present or aware of their surroundings and actions. It is often associated with forgetfulness, distraction, and disorganization.

2. What causes "Absent Minded Reality"?

The exact cause of "Absent Minded Reality" is not fully understood, but it is believed to be a combination of genetic, environmental, and psychological factors. Certain medical conditions, such as ADHD, can also contribute to absent-mindedness.

3. Is "Absent Minded Reality" a disorder?

No, "Absent Minded Reality" is not considered a disorder but rather a common trait or behavior. While it can be frustrating and impact daily life, it is not classified as a mental or neurological disorder.

4. Can "Absent Minded Reality" be treated?

Yes, there are various strategies and techniques that can help individuals manage and improve their absent-mindedness. These may include cognitive-behavioral therapy, mindfulness practices, and organizational strategies. It is important to consult with a mental health professional for personalized treatment.

5. How does "Absent Minded Reality" affect daily life?

"Absent Minded Reality" can affect daily life in various ways, such as forgetfulness, difficulty completing tasks, and trouble focusing. It can also lead to challenges in relationships and work performance. However, with proper management and coping strategies, individuals can learn to navigate and overcome these challenges.