Is This the Most Powerful 4-Inch Pulsejet Engine Ever Made?

• Thread starter ganuganu
  • Start date
In summary, the pulsejet guy has successfully created his fifth pulsejet engine, a 4 inch diameter engine that has been highly tuned and produces more thrust than previous designs. After some initial failures, adjustments were made to the tailpipe resulting in successful operation. The sound produced by this engine is extremely loud and can cause ear damage, so caution is advised. The video of the engine in action can be viewed on YouTube. The engine produces 14 pounds of thrust and the creator did not inform their neighbors of the experiments.
ganuganu
hello everybody,i think you all remember me "the pulsejet guy" atlast made my fifth successful pulsejet engine after doing some research on the design.

so you all remember that i made this engine before..

http://gallery.myff.org/gallery/1109952/21062011199.jpg

the above engine is a 4 inch dia engine,so now with the same dia i made a highly tuned chinese type which produces more thrust when compared to the previous design..At first i failed at starting then i made some changes in the tailpipe and got it running successfully..

here is the engine.

http://gallery.myff.org/gallery/1109955/23072011291.jpg

And the sound produced in this engine is comparably high its annoying annoying irritating ear bleeding and produces high vibrations..so should be little careful wit your ears..

and finally here is the video take a look at it..see you all in next pulsejet video,a bigger one..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_5I752xBeg&feature=channel_video_title

Engineering news on Phys.org
Nice. How much force? Don't your neighbors get upset?

Unrest said:
Nice. How much force? Don't your neighbors get upset?

i didnt inform my neighbours,if i say them,they won't allow me to do these experiments..And the thrust produced is 14 pounds..

1. What is a 5th pulsejet?

A 5th pulsejet is a type of jet engine that operates by using a series of rapid combustion and compression cycles, known as pulses, to generate thrust. It is called a "5th" because it is the fifth iteration of pulsejet designs, with improvements made to increase efficiency and power.

2. How does a 5th pulsejet work?

A 5th pulsejet works by using a combustion chamber to ignite a mixture of fuel and air. This creates a high-pressure pulse of hot gas that is then forced through a series of valves and into a tailpipe, creating thrust. This process is repeated rapidly, creating a continuous stream of pulses and thrust.

3. What are the advantages of a 5th pulsejet?

There are several advantages to using a 5th pulsejet, including its simplicity and low cost compared to other jet engines. It also has a high power-to-weight ratio, making it suitable for use in smaller aircraft or unmanned vehicles. Additionally, it can operate on a variety of fuels, including diesel, kerosene, and even vegetable oil.

4. What are the limitations of a 5th pulsejet?

One of the main limitations of a 5th pulsejet is its low efficiency at lower speeds. It also produces a loud and distinctive sound, which can be a disadvantage for some applications. Additionally, it requires a significant amount of fuel to operate, making it less efficient than other jet engines.

5. How can a 5th pulsejet be made more successful?

To make a 5th pulsejet more successful, further research and development is needed to improve its efficiency and reduce its noise levels. This includes exploring new designs and materials, as well as finding ways to better control the pulse combustion process. Additionally, finding alternative fuels or optimizing fuel consumption can also contribute to its success.