Cryptogram has a certain twist

• Thread starter TheStatutoryApe
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about a cryptogram that had a unique twist to it, with one person expressing concern about making the wording too obvious. They also provided an example of a simple one-letter exchange code. Another person suggested making the cryptogram harder by asking what was "amiss" in it, and they discussed their thought process in creating the cryptogram.
TheStatutoryApe
This cryptogram has a certain twist to it but I'm thinking that I may have made the wording a bit odd to accomplish this without leaving too many obvious clues...

TUG XNFM TUD UMA FP GWO IUD PFDQ KNUX IWTTWD MXUHX JWFDX PWH MWYRFDS IHGJXWSHUTM FM UTFMM FD XNFM IHGJXWSHUT?

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh and just incase some of you may not have done a cryptogram before it is a simple one for one letter exchange code.
Example:
J X P D M Z J J X Y is
L O N G F E L L O W

note that this is not the same as the code used for the cryptogram above.

Code:
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
K..N.IYRCPC.SHUFDVGMA.OTL.

Last edited:
The answer is that your crytogram is ill at ease. You could have made it harder by asking what is amiss in this 'one'. That was my start point.

jimmysnyder said:
The answer is that your crytogram is ill at ease. You could have made it harder by asking what is amiss in this 'one'. That was my start point.
That's a good idea. The original version was quite easy and I decided to change it. I tried to make sure that the first couple words weren't given away too easily by it being a question. The original started with the word "can". I was wary about the number of two and three letter words I used, but I was worried about making it too short for people who are not very inclined with this sort of thing.

What is a cryptogram?

A cryptogram is a type of puzzle or code where each letter of the original message is replaced with a different letter or symbol. The goal is to decipher the code and reveal the original message.

What makes this cryptogram different from others?

This cryptogram has a unique twist or additional element that sets it apart from traditional cryptograms. This could be a different type of code, a hidden message, or a specific theme.

How do I solve a cryptogram with a certain twist?

The best way to solve a cryptogram with a twist is to first identify the unique element or twist and then work on deciphering the code as you would with a traditional cryptogram. Use logic and trial and error to decipher the message.

Are there any tips for solving cryptograms with twists?

One tip is to look for patterns or repeated symbols in the code. This can help you identify common letters and make it easier to solve. It's also helpful to start with shorter words or phrases and work your way up to longer words.

Why are cryptograms with twists popular?

Cryptograms with twists are popular because they offer a new and challenging twist on a classic puzzle. They require critical thinking skills and can be a fun and engaging way to exercise the brain.