Camcorder to PC recording

• Thread starter Zantra
  • Start date
  • Tags
    pc
In summary, the digital software installed with the latest direct X drivers does not recognize the camcorder as a video input device. The one option available is to use the tuner port on the GE force 2. This can be done by using a device called Dazzle, or another program that comes with drivers.
Zantra
I'm looking for some software that will allow me to use the TV tuner port on my GE force 2 to record a camcorder video to my hard drive. I have digital software installed with the latest direct X drivers, but it says it doesn't recognize my camcorder as a video input device. Any ideas for doing this?

Computer science news on Phys.org
What is the exact make of your card?
I'm confused by the term "tuner port", and wonder if you mean the RCA Video Out, or possibly some other connection.

If that's a video in port, you don't get the camera recognized by the software, just the port. What capture softare are you using? I use Ulead Video Studio (free trial).

Ya, your card needs a video input. I'm not sure the G2's have RCA inputs, you might need another piece of hardware.

Walmart sells a thing called Dazzle Movie creator or something. Dazzle is the key word. I use this to take movies off my camera, and all is required is plug the dazzle into a usb port, install the drivers that come with it, plug the video out from your camera into the dazzles corresponding port, get some stream ripping software like russ sugested and your in business.

You can also view the video in windows explorer, as it actually asigns a drive letter to the dazzle, but you need a screen capture utility of some sort to record it.

The one I got was pretty cheap cause I'm pretty broke as of recent. There are much better models from dazzle, and I'm sure other companys as well.

If your card does have video input, hmm. You might have to mess with the settings to enable the feed.

You should be able to get a RCA -> Coax box at your local Rat Shack, or equivalent. Then you should be able to hit play on the camercorder, and capture it on the HDD.

Zantra,
How did you make out with this?

1. How can I transfer my camcorder footage to my PC?

The most common way to transfer camcorder footage to a PC is by connecting the camcorder to the computer using a USB cable. Some camcorders also have the option of using an HDMI cable or a memory card to transfer the footage.

2. What software do I need to transfer and edit my camcorder footage on my PC?

There are various software options available for transferring and editing camcorder footage on a PC. Some popular options include Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and Windows Movie Maker. It is important to check the system requirements and compatibility of the software with your specific camcorder model.

3. Can I transfer camcorder footage to a PC without losing quality?

Yes, you can transfer camcorder footage to a PC without losing quality if you use a high-quality USB or HDMI cable and transfer the footage in its original format. However, if you compress the footage or convert it to a different file format, there may be a loss in quality.

4. Do I need special hardware to transfer my camcorder footage to a PC?

In most cases, you do not need special hardware to transfer camcorder footage to a PC. However, if your camcorder uses a proprietary cable or connection, you may need to purchase an adapter or special cable to connect it to your computer. It is also important to ensure that your PC has enough storage space to store the transferred footage.

5. How long does it take to transfer camcorder footage to a PC?

The time it takes to transfer camcorder footage to a PC depends on the length and quality of the footage, as well as the speed of your USB or HDMI connection. Generally, it can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour to transfer footage from a camcorder to a PC.