What is the Ultimate Source of Energy in the Universe?

In summary, the ultimate source of energy in the universe is the conversion of mass into energy, as described by Einstein's famous equation E=mc². This process, known as nuclear fusion, occurs in the cores of stars and releases immense amounts of energy in the form of light and heat. Without this continuous process of energy production, the universe would eventually run out of fuel and cease to exist.
OK, great, then it is to the non-theist that the question "why god" makes sense, since the non-theist may question the validity that there be existence without first cause, and/or that a first cause is cause of itself... and since your statement initially claimed nothing about theist or non-theist, then as you see, at least some humans are allowed to ask " why god" and that is all I was trying to claim. All humans have free will to ask, "why god", but because some decide not to ask, that does not mean the question is meaningless. For me, god = existence and both are outside the law of causality, but that does not stop me from asking "why existence". You see, it is only by asking "why god" or "why existence" that we find the root of all philosophy, the primary axiom that links ontology and epistemology, the axiom for the non-theist of "existence exists" or for the theist "god exists"--for what is ultimate must always be outside explanation itself.

Space news on Phys.org
moving finger said:
To a theist, God is the ultimate creator of all things, but God was not in turn created (or if He was created, then He created Himself). Therefore (to a theist) it makes no sense to ask "why God?" - the question is meaningless (ie senseless) to a theist.

I am having difficulty comprehending how something could create itself. Perhaps you could clarify something that seems to me to be close to 100 percent impossible.

In the beginning there was -I-