William Hung's Bizarre Journey to Stardom: What Are They Thinking?

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thinking
In summary, the conversation discusses various opinions on the popular TV show American Idol and its contestants, specifically focusing on William Hung, a former contestant who is now pursuing a career in music. Some participants express confusion and disbelief at the show's success, while others openly admit to being fans. The conversation also touches on the show's judge Simon Cowell and his reputation as a harsh critic. The topic of embarrassing auditions and the show's format is also brought up, leading to one participant's comment about censorship. Overall, the conversation reflects a range of reactions and thoughts on American Idol and its impact on popular culture.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I saw NBC Matt Lauer's report on the booted American Idol contestant William Hung who apparently is going for stardom. Whát are they thínking? :eek:

Physics news on Phys.org
Here's Willie!
williamhung.flowgo.com/ [/URL]- 15k

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious what kind of people actually watch American Idol. :eek:

The tribdog kind.
I love American idol. Simon may seem like a jerk, but 99% of the time I completely agree with him.

tribdog said:
The tribdog kind.
I love American idol.
OMG! Well that explains a lot of things. :wink:

"Women only got one thing on their mind"

I couldn't agree more

Didn't Andy Worhol come up with a name for this phenomenon; I think he referred to it as 'camp'. I believe the word means inanely interesting.

Indeed...

Evo said:
OMG! Well that explains a lot of things. :wink:
That it does, Evo. That it does. :rolleyes:

I used to like American Idol. And then they got too the finals and stuff. It was so fun to watch people get on stage and horribly embarrass themselves--like karaoke on steroids or something. Why'd they interrupt the good stuff with this finals crap?

cookiemonster

HEY! someone deleted my post!

1. What is "William Hung's Bizarre Journey to Stardom" about?

"William Hung's Bizarre Journey to Stardom" is a documentary that follows the story of William Hung, a former American Idol contestant whose off-key audition became a viral sensation in 2004.

2. Why was William Hung's audition so popular?

William Hung's audition was popular because of his unique and memorable performance of Ricky Martin's song "She Bangs". His enthusiasm and confidence, despite his lack of singing ability, struck a chord with viewers and made him an overnight sensation.

3. What happened to William Hung after his audition?

After his audition, William Hung gained a cult following and appeared on several talk shows and TV programs. He also released several albums and even had a brief acting career. However, he eventually faded from the public eye and returned to his studies.

4. What do people think about William Hung's journey to stardom?

Opinions on William Hung's journey to stardom vary. Some view him as a symbol of the American dream and admire his determination and positive attitude. Others criticize the media and public for exploiting his lack of talent for entertainment. Overall, his story has sparked discussions about the power and impact of viral fame.

5. How did William Hung's journey to stardom affect him personally?

William Hung has stated that his sudden fame had both positive and negative impacts on his life. While it brought him many opportunities and experiences, it also put a lot of pressure and scrutiny on him. He has since returned to a more private life and focused on his studies and personal growth.