Does someone undesrstand Matti Pitkanen's TGD?

• Thread starter Veovis
  • Start date
In summary, TGD (Topological Geometrodynamics) is a mathematical and theoretical framework proposed by physicist Matti Pitkanen, which aims to unify the theories of gravity and electromagnetism and provide a new understanding of quantum mechanics. It introduces a new geometric structure called "topological space-time" and incorporates the concept of "p-adic numbers". TGD is still a theoretical framework and has not been fully tested, but it has gained interest for its potential to solve problems in physics and explain consciousness. If proven true, TGD could have significant implications for our understanding of the universe and lead to new technological advancements.
Veovis
I've been reading the Journal of remote mental control and non-locality <Crackpot Link Removed>, and Topological geometrodynamics seems to be a clue in the working physical theory about biofield.

I want to know if someone has heard about Pitkanen and if his theories are serious or not.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Veovis said:
I've been reading the Journal of remote mental control and non-locality...
Realize that this is complete crackpottery and not suitable for discussion on PF.

I am not familiar with Matti Pitkanen's TGD (Topological Geometrodynamics) theory. However, I did some research and found that it is a theory proposed by Pitkanen in the field of theoretical physics. While I cannot comment on the validity or seriousness of his theories, it is important to note that all scientific theories are subject to scrutiny and must be supported by evidence and tested through experiments before being accepted by the scientific community. It is also worth mentioning that the Journal of Remote Mental Control and Non-locality, where Pitkanen's work is published, is not considered a reputable scientific journal by most scientists. Therefore, I would advise approaching his theories with caution and seeking out multiple sources of information before forming an opinion on his work.

1. What is TGD?

TGD stands for Topological Geometrodynamics, which is a mathematical and theoretical framework proposed by Finnish physicist Matti Pitkanen. It aims to unify the theories of gravity and electromagnetism, and also to provide a new understanding of quantum mechanics.

2. How does TGD differ from other theories?

TGD differs from other theories in several ways. One of the main differences is that it introduces a new geometric structure called "topological space-time" which combines the concepts of space and time into a single entity. It also incorporates a concept called "p-adic numbers" which allows for a more comprehensive understanding of quantum phenomena.

3. What is the current status of TGD?

TGD is still a theoretical framework and has not yet been fully tested or proven. However, it has gained some attention and interest in the scientific community due to its potential to solve some long-standing problems in physics, such as the unification of gravity and electromagnetism.

4. How does TGD explain the concept of consciousness?

One of the unique aspects of TGD is its attempt to provide a scientific understanding of consciousness. It proposes that consciousness arises from a quantum coherent state of magnetic bodies in the brain, which interact with the physical world through the topological space-time structure.

5. What are the potential implications of TGD if it is proven to be true?

If TGD is proven to be true, it could have significant implications for our understanding of the universe. It could potentially unify the theories of gravity and electromagnetism, provide a deeper understanding of quantum mechanics, and shed light on the mysterious phenomenon of consciousness. It could also lead to new technological advancements and applications.