Can masturbation biologically hurt men's body?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Body
In summary, different people have different opinions on whether or not masturbation is good or bad. Some people believe that it is bad because it can damage your health, while others believe that it is good because it can release sexual tension and produce more testosterone. However, there are also reports that each time you masturbate, your life is shortened.
Saint
I came across a report that masterbation is actually good, it can reduce the chances of getting prostate cancer , because it takes out the toxin in your sperm.

However, other reports say that each time you masturbate, your life is cut short.

So, should or shouldn't I masturbate ? Is masturbation good or bad?

Last edited by a moderator:
Biology news on Phys.org
Saint said:
However, other reports say that each time you masterbate, your life is cut short.
This is definitely true!

It also acts exponentially so that more is taken off your life with each successive masturbation.

It's a real killer! Definitely a no no!

Saint said:
So, should or shouldn't I masterbate ?
I think you should at least wait until you're old enough to spell it correctly before you start playig around with anything that lethal. :biggrin:

I had a cousin who masturbated to death. Apparently, he lost God's grace after having masturbated so much. Scientists speculate that he used up all his energy in the act of masturbation, and had no energy for things like his heart and brain to work, but me and my family all know it was the divine hand of our Lord smiting him for his sinful ways.

lol...nice replies...

I don't think masturbation is potentially damaging cos' its like the same as having sex?

I am of the persuasion that masturbation is immoral and evil. I am very happy to know that groups such as the Society for Prevention of Onanism is working towards ways of cutting down, drastically reducing and preventing such immoral acts that is corrupting our youth.

Does anyone have any links to research on this instead of posting your own personal beliefs on the issue.

Does anyone have any links to research on this instead of posting your own personal beliefs on the issue.

Oh I'm sorry, is this meant to be an objective, rational thread? In that case, you'll hate this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20011214204104/http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/2680/

Disclaimer: the link above is provided for convenience purposes only. The views expressed therein are those of the site's author and do not reflect those of my own. You must be over 18 to access that link.

wasteofo2 said:
I had a cousin who masturbated to death. Apparently, he lost God's grace after having masturbated so much. Scientists speculate that he used up all his energy in the act of masturbation, and had no energy for things like his heart and brain to work, but me and my family all know it was the divine hand of our Lord smiting him for his sinful ways.

spooky news

This is surprisingly contrary from what I believed and what I had read from trusted sources. Masturbation has a role in releasing testosterone and produces more muscle. Also it releases substances that make you feel 'higher' and better. But most important it releases sexual tension that prevents you from doing more serious business.

Well, i have reading many articles "Different language from english" that masturbation is no healthy: First is affects the back shape, encourage to make you lose concetration and memory abilities. And it takes lots of energy from the body in some artciels i read [Yeah, a trust worthy scientific resource, it was published for public audience] 1 masturbation= running several kilometers without stopping and warming up, and with high speed. It takes so energy.

From another hand, I never did that, and my strongest reason is i do not see HONESTLY why lots of guys doing it! I am totally seroius, and i am curoius why they are doing it. I see it as un-proper to do, even in other times i may "agree" with the reasons some people give me to justify it, still, i am wondering if the reasons are really true. Still, the unhealthy issue about it make me think again about to "agree" with it or not :biggrin:

Can masturbation cause physical harm to men?

In general, masturbation is a safe and natural activity. It does not cause physical harm to men when practiced in moderation and in a safe manner.

Are there any risks associated with excessive masturbation?

Excessive masturbation can lead to physical discomfort or irritation of the skin, particularly if done aggressively or without adequate lubrication. However, these effects are usually temporary and resolve with reduced frequency or gentler practices.

Can masturbation affect men's sexual health?

Masturbation does not negatively affect sexual health. In fact, it is often considered a normal part of sexual development and can be a healthy way to explore one's body and sexual preferences.

Is there a link between masturbation and prostate health?

Some studies suggest that regular ejaculation, which can include ejaculation from masturbation, may help reduce the risk of prostate cancer. However, more research is needed to fully understand this relationship.

Can frequent masturbation lead to a decrease in sperm quality or quantity?

Normal levels of masturbation are unlikely to have a significant impact on sperm quality or quantity. However, very frequent ejaculation might temporarily reduce sperm count, but this is a short-term effect and usually normalizes with time.

Does masturbation cause erectile dysfunction or impotence?

There is no scientific evidence to suggest that masturbation causes erectile dysfunction or impotence. These conditions are typically related to other physical or psychological factors.

Is it possible to become addicted to masturbation?

While masturbation itself is not addictive, it is possible for individuals to develop compulsive sexual behavior patterns, including excessive masturbation. If this behavior interferes with daily life, it may be advisable to seek professional help.