What are the advancements in computer hardwares since 2008?

• Thread starter armin11
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary, recent advancements in computer hardware include the invention of 3D monitors and more powerful core processors.
armin11
What are the advancements in computer hardwares in recent 4 years?what evolutions did occur in hardware field in past 4 years?(for example 3D monitors or core-i cpu's got invented).this is our homework and it should be descriptive.please help.if you know a good site that describes these completely please reference it.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Pengwuino said:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=if+you+don't+have+anything+nice+to+say+...

:tongue:

(thanks for the handy link though)

armin11 said:
What are the advancements in computer hardwares in recent 4 years?what evolutions did occur in hardware field in past 4 years?(for example 3D monitors or core-i cpu's got invented).this is our homework and it should be descriptive.please help.if you know a good site that describes these completely please reference it.

www.anandtech.com[/url] and [url]www.tomshardware.com[/URL] are a good start.

Last edited by a moderator:
armin11 said:

Glad to see some effort being put into these homework problems in the OP.

Have you looked anything up already? Anything you'd like some comments on?

Pengwuino, I'm stealing that link.

Thanks a lot for these useful links.I found a lot about cpu but I couldn't find anything about advancements in motherboards or monitors or other parts of computers.

Well if you haven't quite got the point yet, we're expecting you to do some of the work yourself.

We're not going to do your work for you.

Does any af you guys know about pixel and how RGB phosphorus are shaped inside it?for example they can be shaped in a circle with an area of one third occupying each.what are the other shapings?

1. What are the major advancements in computer hardware since 2008?

The major advancements in computer hardware since 2008 include faster processing speeds, increased storage capacity, improved graphics capabilities, and more efficient and compact designs.

2. How have CPUs evolved since 2008?

CPU technology has significantly advanced since 2008. The introduction of multi-core processors has greatly increased processing speeds, while improvements in architecture and manufacturing processes have made CPUs more efficient and powerful.

3. What developments have been made in storage technology?

Since 2008, there have been significant developments in storage technology, including the introduction of solid-state drives (SSDs) and cloud storage. These advancements have greatly increased storage capacity and access speeds.

4. Have there been any advancements in graphics cards?

Yes, there have been notable advancements in graphics cards since 2008. Graphics cards have become more powerful and energy-efficient, and the introduction of new technologies like virtual reality and ray tracing have greatly improved graphics capabilities.

5. How have computer designs changed since 2008?

Computer designs have become more compact and streamlined since 2008. The introduction of smaller and more efficient components has allowed for thinner laptops and smaller desktops, while advancements in cooling technology have made it possible to pack more power into smaller devices.