Finding Images of Mobius Syndrome: A Frustrating Journey

• Thread starter Dagenais
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Images
In summary, according to the content, the author was looking for large to medium sized images of patients with Moebius Syndrome, but was unsuccessful. There are many websites that have pictures of patients with Moebius Syndrome, including the website www.MoebiusSyndrom.com.
Dagenais
I'm looking for large to medium sized images for Mobius Syndrome or anything related to that. I've had a hard time finding them on the internet.

I found a few pictures where patients had crossed-eyes, but I couldn't access them out of ask jeeves w/o signing-up for an account.

Then I searched images of Chromosome 13, but again...nothing.

Physics news on Phys.org
I confess that my first reaction was to wonder what this has to do with math or physics- but I guess "Moebius" was a mathematician!

Notice the spelling. In German it is "o umlaut"- two dots over the o and in a font that does not supply that character, it is common add an e after the o to indicate the umlaut.

I went to "Google.com" (my personal preference), entered "Moebius Syndrome" and got a lot of hits- among them "www.MoebiusSyndrom.com".

And the images are where?

[?]

Or did you have have a tough time finding them like me?

I checked both Jeeves and Google.

No, I didn't have a tough time finding them!

In response to your first post, I used google.com with "Moebius Syndrome" and found a number of sites about it. Since I thought you would like to do your homework yourself, I simply reported that fact and suggested that perhaps adding the "e" after the o would help.

Apparently that was not the problem but I'm not clear on what your problem is. It occurred to me that, perhaps, people who have this problem don't WANT their pictures on public display!

In fact, that is not the case either. After reading your reply, I went back to google, entered "Moebius Syndrome" again and this time followed the links. The first had a lot of information (which I found very interesting since I, myself, have "third nerve palsy"- I was never sure before exactly what the "third nerve" was!) but no pictures.

The SECOND link I tried had a link labeled "Rogues Gallery" and it has links to many pictures.

Try this: http://www.moebius1.org/

Now, in fact, Moebius Syndrome is basically a nerve problem that makes it difficult or impossible to move parts of the face so these people do NOT look particularly unusual in a still photo!

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is Mobius Syndrome?

Mobius Syndrome is a rare neurological disorder that affects the cranial nerves, causing facial paralysis and difficulty with eye movement. It can also impact other parts of the body, such as the limbs and respiratory system.

2. How is Mobius Syndrome diagnosed?

Diagnosis of Mobius Syndrome is primarily based on physical symptoms and a thorough medical history. Imaging tests, such as MRI or CT scans, may also be used to rule out other conditions.

3. Is there a cure for Mobius Syndrome?

Currently, there is no cure for Mobius Syndrome. Treatment focuses on managing the symptoms and improving quality of life. This may include surgeries to correct facial paralysis and speech therapy to improve communication skills.

4. What causes Mobius Syndrome?

The exact cause of Mobius Syndrome is unknown, but it is believed to be a combination of genetic and environmental factors. Some cases have been linked to mutations in genes involved in early development of the brain and cranial nerves.

5. Are there support groups for individuals with Mobius Syndrome?

Yes, there are several support groups for individuals with Mobius Syndrome and their families. These groups provide resources, information, and a supportive community for those affected by the condition.