DI/dt & Moving Charge: Calculating Change

• Thread starter Kolahal Bhattacharya
  • Start date
In summary, DI/dt measures the rate of change of current over time and is calculated by dividing the change in current by the change in time. It is important for analyzing electrical circuits and devices. Moving charge refers to the movement of electrically charged particles within a circuit and can be calculated by multiplying current by time.
Kolahal Bhattacharya
As we know,a single moving charge creats a current J=rho*v=qv^2*delta(r-vt) supposing that the charge moves along x axis.However,it is not a steady current.Making I=J.dS,how can we calculate the dI/dt?I suppose,it will depend on v in such a manner that if v increases,dI/dt will increase...Any help?(Note it's not a homework question)

Physics news on Phys.org
But it is a HOMEWORK/SCHOOLWORK-TYPE question, so it still belongs there.

Zz.

1. What is DI/dt?

DI/dt, or the derivative of current with respect to time, measures the rate of change of current over time. It is represented by the symbol dI/dt.

2. How is DI/dt calculated?

To calculate DI/dt, you divide the change in current (ΔI) by the change in time (Δt). This can be represented by the formula dI/dt = ΔI/Δt.

3. Why is DI/dt important?

DI/dt is important because it allows us to analyze the behavior of electrical circuits and devices. By measuring the rate of change of current, we can determine how quickly the current is increasing or decreasing, and how this affects the overall circuit.

4. What is moving charge?

Moving charge refers to the movement of electrically charged particles, such as electrons, within a circuit. This movement of charge is what creates an electric current.

5. How do you calculate the change in moving charge?

The change in moving charge can be calculated by multiplying the current (I) by the time (t). This can be represented by the formula Q = I*t, where Q is the change in charge.