What seasoning would go good with a pork and vegetable stirfry?

• Thread starter Physics is Phun
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around finding a suitable spice or seasoning for a pork and vegetable stirfry dish. Suggestions included spicy Indian curry with added red pepper, powdered garlic and onion, freshly-ground black pepper, and sautéed garlic and ginger in peanut oil. The Montreal steak spice was also recommended and the dish turned out well with some added curry powder and hot pepper.
Physics is Phun
hey! what spice/seasoning would go good with a pork and vegetable stirfry? vegies are assorted peppers, broccoli, snow peas, yellow beans, and asparagus!
quick! you only have 15 mins or less to answer! :tongue2:

Physics news on Phys.org
OMG the pork is done! vegetables are in! < 10! :eek:

How about a spicy Indian curry with some added red pepper for heat. You didn't mention onions or garlic, so both of those in a powdered form would be welcome addition, and I love the taste of freshly-ground black pepper, so that would be on the list.

Garlic & ginger

Evo said:
Garlic & ginger
If those were both fresh and sauteed in peanut oil, Yum! Good suggestion.

I put Montreal steak spice on everything except icecream. You can't go wrong with it.

Danger said:
I put Montreal steak spice on everything except icecream. You can't go wrong with it.

I second that. That stuff will even make your brillo pads taste good (and his pork and vegetable stir fry surely have turned into brillo pads if Physics is Phun is still waiting for an answer).

Evo said:
Garlic & ginger
I agree.
One can never go wrong with fresh garlic and ginger. And not cut too fine.

well, went with some curry powder and a bit of hot pepper. I generally don't eat things TOO hot though so i took it easy. it wen't very well :D
yaa i forgot about that steak spice. I think we have some around here somewhere...save that for my next cooking adventure!

1. What is the best seasoning for a pork and vegetable stirfry?

The best seasoning for a pork and vegetable stirfry would depend on personal taste preferences, but some popular options include soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes.

2. Can I use any type of seasoning for a pork and vegetable stirfry?

Yes, you can use any type of seasoning for a pork and vegetable stirfry. However, it is recommended to use seasonings that complement the flavors of pork and vegetables, such as Asian-inspired spices or herbs.

3. How much seasoning should I use for a pork and vegetable stirfry?

The amount of seasoning needed for a pork and vegetable stirfry will vary depending on personal taste and the size of the dish. It is best to start with a small amount and add more as needed while cooking.

4. Can I make my own seasoning for a pork and vegetable stirfry?

Yes, you can make your own seasoning for a pork and vegetable stirfry by combining different herbs, spices, and sauces. This allows for more customization and experimentation with flavors.

5. Are there any seasonings to avoid when making a pork and vegetable stirfry?

There are no specific seasonings to avoid when making a pork and vegetable stirfry, but it is important to not use too much seasoning as it can overpower the dish. It is also recommended to avoid seasonings with a strong, distinct flavor that may clash with the pork and vegetables.