I on choosin a senior project for Electrical Eng emphasiz on communicatio

In summary, the person is looking for ideas for their senior project related to wireless technology and medicine. They have considered building a transmitter and receiver using digital modulation schemes and are looking for more input and guidance. They mention a potential lack of knowledge in biomedical engineering and ask if the project is for high school or college.
sulymani
Hey

I ve been thinkin of my senior project. as long as my interest is communication, i will go with wireless stufss. I need your clues and ideas regarding nature of project and brainstorming

Engineering news on Phys.org
We have no idea what you know, so it'd be hard for us to suggest a project for you in vacuum.

- Warren

Thanks chroot
what i meant that you guys might suggest some projects that include mechanism of wireless for example walki-talki , wireless earphone, and so forth. However, I would be more satisfied if i go with something associated with medicine.

Mabe you can get some ideas for this wikipeda page on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biomedical_engineering" .

When you come up with something, we will be glad to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can do an extensive research on different modulation schemes like CDMA, WiMax, TDMA, etc...

Thanks guys ... Ok I ve got a proposal that is to build a simple transmitter and receiver using any digital modulation schemes. That's nice.. I need more inputs concerning some examples or even some procedures that would lead me to a good project. I concluded that I lack a lot of knowledge in goin with a biomedical project.

Corneo said:
You can do an extensive research on different modulation schemes like CDMA, WiMax, TDMA, etc...

these schemes just came out.. I am a simple person lookin for a simple stuff.

sulymani said:
these schemes just came out.. I am a simple person lookin for a simple stuff.

Sorry, this is a senior project in college or in high school? If college, you absolutely need to be able to work with the concepts that Corneo brought up.

1. What is the purpose of a senior project in Electrical Engineering with a focus on communication?

The purpose of a senior project in Electrical Engineering with a focus on communication is to apply the knowledge and skills gained throughout the undergraduate program in a practical and hands-on way. It allows students to work on a project that aligns with their interests and career goals while also providing an opportunity to showcase their abilities to potential employers or graduate schools.

2. How do I choose a suitable senior project in this field?

Choosing a senior project in Electrical Engineering with a focus on communication involves identifying your interests, strengths, and career goals. You can also consult with your professors, peers, and professionals in the field for ideas and guidance. It is important to select a project that challenges you and allows you to apply your knowledge and skills in a meaningful way.

3. What are some potential topics for a senior project in Electrical Engineering with a focus on communication?

There are various potential topics for a senior project in this field, such as designing a communication system, developing a wireless technology, improving signal processing techniques, or creating a smart grid system. Other options could include researching and implementing new communication protocols, developing innovative devices for communication, or improving the efficiency of existing systems.

4. What are some important factors to consider when choosing a senior project?

When choosing a senior project in Electrical Engineering with a focus on communication, it is important to consider factors such as your interests and strengths, the resources and equipment available, the feasibility of the project, and the potential impact of your project on society. You should also consider the support and guidance available from your professors and peers, as well as the time and effort required to complete the project successfully.

5. How can a senior project in Electrical Engineering with a focus on communication benefit my future career?

A senior project in this field can provide numerous benefits for your future career. It allows you to gain hands-on experience and apply your knowledge and skills in a practical setting. It also demonstrates your ability to work independently and problem-solve, which are valuable skills in any job. Additionally, a successful senior project can serve as a strong addition to your resume and help you stand out to potential employers or graduate schools.