Why do girls talk like this these days? Is it just me or is it totally annoying?

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Funny
In summary, the girls behind Cyrus were laughing at what he was eating, and he was not amused. He then heard one of the girls say "Omg that's so funny." He then started thinking to himself "yeah, its so damn funny you forgot to laugh, idiot." He then commented on how annoying it was that girls talk like this these days. He also mentioned how high schoolers are the worst for this, and how after a few years, it all goes away.
FredGarvin said:
I just about spit my food out when I saw that. Damn that's funny.

Its from the beginning of a song.

Physics news on Phys.org
Math Jeans said:
Its from the beginning of a song.
Yeah. I know. I just forgot about that intro which is why it was funny to me.

Moonbear said:
Nope, not like they're in college either. :biggrin:

Dammmit! (Actually, I am terrible at spelling, so I like it when people fix my posts so I stop doing it).

Me fail anglish, that's un-possible!

BTW, two girls were talking in the hallway outside my office today, and it was like, you know, omg, like so totally funny. Yeah totally, omg.

Last edited:
moe darklight said:
Me and my friend Leah talk like that when we meet girls who talk like that. It's funny how they don't notice you're, like, totally making fun of them.

This one time I was on and indian reserve and..

Moonbear said:
Nope, not like they're in college either. :biggrin:

Unfortunately many of those 12 year old pseudo valley talk cursers will be in college in a few years.

It will be interesting when the txt msg lingo starts showing up in term papers.

Last edited:
edward said:
It will be interesting when the txt msg lingo starts showing up in term papers.

Well, at least by then, all exams and grading will be done online, so we won't have to get writer's cramp and cover the pages in red ink to grade them. :biggrin:

Langauge really isn't that sacred guys, who really cares?

I can think of a lot of things that are far more important in life than whether or not a word is misused.

SticksandStones said:

I can think of a lot of things that are far more important in life than whether or not a word is misused.

While lying in his hospital bed SticksandsSones didn't mind when his doctor said: "OMG just give him something like maybe penicillin or something sort of Fing like it." :smile:

edward said:
While lying in his hospital bed SticksandsSones didn't mind when his doctor said: "OMG just give him something like maybe penicillin or something sort of Fing like it." :smile:
Good shot, Edward. Imprecise use of language is tolerable when the offender is serving you French fries. It is not at all comforting to hear/read read mush coming from people in a position to really ruin your day. I cringe every time Bush says "nukular". I've got to assume that he's trying to impress crackers, because surely there are a least a couple of people in his administration that can pronounce the word correctly and have suggested that he do so, as well.

and because I just bought a new edition of Moby Dick, and it's all screwy:

hey I am ishmael, anyways, so a couple of yrs ago I had like no $$, and was also kinda bored, so i thought itd be awesome to go sailing in my boat around the world and stuff. plus its also good exersize and relaxing. when i get grumpy or sad or can't stnd ppl or whatever i usualy like to go sailing anyways so i was like whatever. like, if i feel like i want to shoot ppl instead of shooting ppl i go sailing, you no? my buddy james like to smoke a spliff to relax but i go sailing instead. most ppl like the sea so its no a big deal.

i was in this place called manhatoes 4 example there's lots of islands around it its pretty cool and there's also lots of tourist's, all the streets go to the sea and there's really big waves and ppl like to watch the sea and look at the big waves. [...]

turbo-1 said:
Good shot, Edward. Imprecise use of language is tolerable when the offender is serving you French fries. It is not at all comforting to hear/read read mush coming from people in a position to really ruin your day. I cringe every time Bush says "nukular". I've got to assume that he's trying to impress crackers, because surely there are a least a couple of people in his administration that can pronounce the word correctly and have suggested that he do so, as well.

I don't think George Bush is running around the mall disguised as a teenage girl though. :smile:
I'm just saying...there are more important things to worry about than if some random tool walking around misuses words or not.

SticksandStones said:
I don't think George Bush is running around the mall disguised as a teenage girl though. :smile:
I'm just saying...there are more important things to worry about than if some random tool walking around misuses words or not.
My point was that if some "random tool" misuses words, we are at little risk, aside from the disappointment of realizing that our society is in decay. When someone running the most powerful country in the world has problems with the comprehension and use of words, there is a potential for some serious risk to all of us. His usage of "mission accomplished", "bring it on", etc, may have looked good to people impressed by bravado, but he has personally risked nothing (all his life!) while ignoring the sacrifices of many thousands of US military personnel.

We've got an idiot in the WH, who has survived not on his wits and talents, but on daddy's money and connections. I pray that the next president will be able to comprehend complex concepts, and will be able to articulate his/her policies in clear language that will resonate with the populace.

SticksandStones said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Words will never hurt SticksandStones :wink: !

Adding to what SticksandStones said in post 42. This form of speaking is also the English language evolving.