Z-CoiL® Footwear: Relief from Back & Leg Pain

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pain
In summary, Z-CoiL® footwear is designed to relieve foot, leg, and back pain by reducing impact and distributing pressure evenly across the foot. They may not be stylish, but they can provide relief for those who are on their feet for long periods of time. The springs can also be covered for a more subtle appearance.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Z-CoiL® footwear is engineered specifically to relieve foot, leg, and back pain.

Its patented, shock-absorbing design greatly reduces impact
to the body and distributes pressure more evenly across the foot than conventional shoes do. And less impact means less pain.
http://www.zcoil.com/products_faq.html
http://www.zcoil.com/products_technology.html

informercial

When we saw these advertised the other day, Tsu commented that some people at the hospital use these and claim to get significant relief from back or leg pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
They sure won't win any fashion contests, but if you're on your feet a lot, I can see how having a spring in the heel might help add more cushioning. Not sure how it would feel in terms of actually walking though. I'm on my feet a lot and ANYTHING that adds padding or cushioning to my shoes seems to help. The upside on these is that if they work as claimed, then you're not cramming your feet into shoes along with all the extra insoles people add for padding.

Greg Bernhardt said:
yuck those are hideous

:rofl: No worse than those crocs things the nurses wear. If they just covered up the springs, they'd probably look a lot better. I have my ugly lab shoes that I only wear from my office to the gross lab and back. Nobody is winning any fashion contests in there, and after many hours on your feet, you really stop caring what you look like if it means your feet don't hurt so much.

In the informercial, they state that all shoes can be purchased with spring covers. I think they just want everyone to see the springs.

What is Z-CoiL® Footwear?

Z-CoiL® Footwear is a type of shoe that is designed to provide relief from back and leg pain. It features a unique coil in the heel that helps to absorb shock and reduce impact on the body.

How does Z-CoiL® Footwear relieve back and leg pain?

The coil in the heel of Z-CoiL® Footwear acts as a shock absorber, reducing the impact on the body as you walk. This helps to alleviate pressure on the back and legs, providing relief from pain and discomfort.

Who can benefit from wearing Z-CoiL® Footwear?

Z-CoiL® Footwear can benefit anyone who experiences back and leg pain, as well as those with conditions such as plantar fasciitis, arthritis, and heel spurs. It can also be helpful for people who spend long hours on their feet, such as nurses and retail workers.

Is Z-CoiL® Footwear scientifically proven to be effective?

Yes, Z-CoiL® Footwear has been clinically tested and shown to reduce impact on the body by up to 50%. It has also been endorsed by healthcare professionals and has received numerous awards for its innovative design and effectiveness in relieving pain.

Can Z-CoiL® Footwear be worn for everyday activities?

Yes, Z-CoiL® Footwear is designed to be worn for everyday activities such as walking, standing, and even running. It is a comfortable and supportive shoe that can be worn all day long to provide continuous relief from back and leg pain.