Internet Security Recommendations (PC)

In summary, the conversation discusses the recommendation of internet security software for a PC. The person asking the question currently uses Norton Internet Security 2009 but is considering other brands such as McAfee and Trend Micro. They mention having had trouble with McAfee in the past but are open to trying it again. A recommendation for AVG is also mentioned as being less bulky than Norton.
vladittude0583
Hey guys, I was wondering what brand of internet security software would you recommend for the PC?

I am currently using Norton Internet Security 2009, however, I hear some of the other brands are better such as McAfee and Trend Micro? What do you guys think of Norton 360? Its just that I have been using Norton for the past 3 years and so far have not had any problems with their security software, however, I did run into troubles with McAfee, but that was then and it might have changed by now. What do you guys recommend? Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
AVG..

not bluky like norton...

1. What are the most common types of cyber threats to my PC?

The most common types of cyber threats to your PC include viruses, malware, spyware, phishing scams, and ransomware. These threats can compromise your personal information, damage your system, and even steal your identity.

2. How can I protect my PC from cyber threats?

There are several steps you can take to protect your PC from cyber threats, including installing antivirus and anti-malware software, keeping your operating system and software up to date, using strong and unique passwords, and being cautious when clicking on links or downloading attachments from unknown sources.

3. Is it necessary to have a firewall on my PC?

Yes, it is highly recommended to have a firewall on your PC. A firewall acts as a barrier between your computer and the internet, blocking unauthorized access and protecting your system from potential cyber attacks.

4. How often should I back up my data?

You should back up your data regularly, ideally on a daily or weekly basis. This will ensure that if your PC is compromised or experiences a system failure, you will still have a recent backup of your important files and data.

5. Are there any specific settings I should adjust to improve my PC's security?

Yes, there are several settings you can adjust to improve your PC's security, such as turning on automatic updates for your operating system and software, disabling remote access to your PC, and enabling two-factor authentication for your online accounts.