Is CCleaner safe for my computer?

• Thread starter yungman
  • Start date
In summary, CCleaner is generally considered safe to use on your computer and has a good reputation in the industry. It does not contain any viruses or malware, but it is important to download it from the official website to avoid potential risks. CCleaner only deletes temporary and unnecessary files and will not delete any essential files. It can improve your computer's performance by freeing up space, but it will not have a significant impact on a well-functioning computer. It is not necessary to use CCleaner regularly, but it can be helpful in maintaining your computer's performance.
yungman
Someone suggest me to run ccleaner on my computer. Is this safe?
Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
yes +1
(using it for more than ~2 years)

Yes it is. Just don't delete registry entries you may want to keep. It's good to erase data collected by the browser or downloaded manually.

I use it since a year now. I erased all registry entries that appeared to be erasable. I never got a single problem with CCleaner.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try it tonight.

Thanks a million.

1. Is CCleaner safe to use on my computer?

Yes, CCleaner is generally considered safe to use on your computer. It has been tested and verified by various tech experts and has a good reputation in the industry.

2. Does CCleaner contain any viruses or malware?

No, CCleaner itself does not contain any viruses or malware. However, there have been a few instances where the software was hacked and a malicious version was released. It is important to always download CCleaner from the official website to avoid any potential risks.

3. Will using CCleaner delete any important files or data?

CCleaner is designed to only delete temporary and unnecessary files from your computer, such as cookies, browsing history, and unused system files. It will not delete any files that are essential for your computer's functioning.

4. Can CCleaner improve my computer's performance?

Yes, CCleaner can improve your computer's performance by removing unnecessary files and freeing up space on your hard drive. However, it will not make a significant impact on your computer's speed or performance if it is already running smoothly.

5. Is it necessary to use CCleaner regularly?

It is not necessary to use CCleaner regularly, but it can be helpful in maintaining your computer's performance. You can use it as often as you feel necessary, but once a month or every few months is typically sufficient.