What Are the Best Reference Books for Physical Chemistry for IIT-JEE?

In summary, for IIT-JEE preparation, recommended books for physical chemistry include "Numerical Chemistry" by R.C. Mukhrjee for solving problems and "Physical Chemistry" by P. Bahadur for theory. For understanding doubts, "Physical Chemistry" by P.W. Atkins, "University Chemistry" by Bruce H. Mahan, and "General Chemistry" by Ebbing are suggested. Additionally, books by Peter Atkins are also recommended.
khil_phys
I'm a student preparing for IIT-JEE. Can anyone suggest me some standard reference books for physical chemistry?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
khil_phys said:
I'm a student preparing for IIT-JEE. Can anyone suggest me some standard reference books for physical chemistry?

Here are certain lists of books :

Text Books: For solving problems and understanding basics

Ø Numerical Chemistry, By R.C. Mukhrjee (One must solve all the numerical problems of R.C. Mukhrjee, It's worked out examples are very good.)

Ø Physical Chemistry, By P. Bahadur (For reading theory)

Reference Books: For understanding doubts

Ø Physical Chemistry, By P.W. Atkins

Ø University Chemistry, By Bruce H. Mahan

Ø General Chemistry, By Ebbing

Books of physical chemistry by PETER ATKINS are also nice .

1. What are reference books for IIT-JEE?

Reference books for IIT-JEE are study materials that are specifically designed to help students prepare for the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE). These books cover all the necessary topics and concepts that are included in the IIT-JEE syllabus and provide practice questions and solutions to help students improve their understanding and problem-solving skills.

2. What are some recommended reference books for IIT-JEE?

Some popular reference books for IIT-JEE include "Concepts of Physics" by HC Verma, "Organic Chemistry" by OP Tandon, "Arihant's Objective Approach to Mathematics for JEE" by SK Goyal, and "New Pattern Mathematics for JEE" by ML Khanna. It is also recommended to refer to the NCERT textbooks for a strong foundation in the concepts.

3. Are reference books enough to crack the IIT-JEE?

No, reference books alone are not enough to crack the IIT-JEE. Along with reference books, students should also refer to previous years' question papers, solve mock tests and practice questions, and attend coaching classes to get a better understanding of the exam pattern and improve their time management skills.

4. Can I use foreign reference books for IIT-JEE preparation?

Yes, you can use foreign reference books for IIT-JEE preparation, but it is recommended to also refer to Indian authors' books as they are more aligned with the exam pattern and syllabus. Additionally, foreign reference books may not cover all the topics required for the IIT-JEE.

5. How should I use reference books for IIT-JEE preparation?

To effectively use reference books for IIT-JEE preparation, students should first go through the topic in their NCERT textbooks and then refer to the corresponding chapter in the reference book for a better understanding. It is also important to solve practice questions and refer to the solutions provided in the book to check your understanding and identify any areas that need improvement.